3

She does not see Hanni for three weeks. The shoot goes on hiatus after the beach, and Hyein assigns them to go on promotional tours separately. Hanni does TV and web, while Minji does radio and print, and the first couple of days are so packed Minji doesn't even see them go past, the hours going by in a blur.

Hanni calls on the third night, just as Minji slips into bed and turns out the light. "Hanni?" she greets sleepily, burrowing into the covers. "How was your day?"

"Like Hyein was trying to kill me," says Hanni, yawning at the other end, and Minji tempers her smile, trying not to imagine Hanni with her eyes closed, sleepily mumbling into her phone. "TV is exhausting. Is yours any better?"

"If it's any consolation, shoots for print go for hours."

"God I'm so excited to see your cover."

"It's not going to be a cover - it's just a picture, Jesus Hanni-"

"Whatever," Hanni says, letting out a small giggle. "I miss your face."

Hanni herself does something about that - when she tires of the texts and the phone calls, she shifts to video calls at the end of the week. Minji fumbles with her laptop - How the hell does this work even? - and Hanni's laughing when her face comes on, and Oh.

"Hello," says Minji, a bit formally. She adjusts herself in front of the screen, suddenly self-conscious. "Can you see me?"

Hanni laughs harder, her face on the screen stuttering. "Yes," she says, coming closer. "How's this?" Damn. Pixelated and all, Hanni sure is-"Are you touching your computer screen, Minji?" she teases, and Minji jerks her hand back, as if burned. "Miss me that much?"

"Hanni." Ahead of the blush that she's sure would overwhelm her face, Minji reaches over to close her laptop halfway, careful not to shut it completely, so she could still hear Hanni talking.

"Where are you going? Minji! Come on," Hanni's saying, interrupted by fits of giggling. "Come on. Come back. Please?"

(Minji returns after a few moments, but not without turning off the lights first; she hopes the dark would disguise her reddening cheeks.)

*

Minji warms to it eventually; by midway the following week, it becomes an ordinary thing - like a literal window sitting on the hotel desk under the television.

"What was on today?" asks Hanni, and Minji walks over to her laptop, toothbrush already in her mouth. "You're getting ready for bed already?"

Minji shrugs, before walking out of Hanni's line of sight to spit the toothpaste out of her mouth. Like this, it almost feels like Hanni's right there in the room with her - all things considered, it's not a bad feeling.

"Minji?"

"Yeah? Hang on." Minji pulls her hair up hurriedly in a bun before picking her laptop off the table and bringing it to bed with her. "Sorry. You were saying?"

"Aww you're comfy," Hanni coos. "It makes me feel so grimy and sweaty in comparison."

Minji scrunches up her nose, sticking her tongue out playfully at Hanni. "Too much to do today?"

"No, the sweat's from this evening's workout, actually."

Well, that's new. "From what?" asks Minji again, unable to hide her disbelief. "Did you just engage in some form of exercise?"

"Whatever Minji, I feel fat."

"Ridiculous."

"Wanna see?"

"Hanni."

"We should work out together some time."

"But you hate physical exertion."