The Story So Far....

Chris Savino has commented on No Such Luck after 6 years of silence

Chris Savino has commented on No Such Luck after 6 years of silence. The comments weren't long; they were criminally brief, and he couldn't say much for legal reasons. However, he did answer a question that's been bothering myself and plenty others, such as GylmarGeniusCat and TheChaosTheorist:

"Did Lucy Loud think Lincoln was bad luck in No Such Luck?"

Because of those aforementioned legal reasons of not having the rights to the show, he could not give us a proper conclusion/sequel or a definitive exploration of anything behind the scenes... but he and his wife were definitely being cheeky about it with giving answers/non-answers that legally are "safe" but clearly nudging us in a certain direction of what their actual opinions are. More on that in a moment.What question was he answering? The short story is that, at various points, people realized that Lucy never actually called Lincoln bad luck in the episode itself. This is not an opinion either, you can and triple-check yourself:

https://theloudhouse.fandom.com/wiki/No_Such_Luck/Script

You can rewatch the episode yourself as well. I don't know why you'd punish yourself like that, but you absolutely can if you wish.

There could be many reasons why this is the case. Perhaps it was a total oversight (most likely). Perhaps the episode's writer knew that Jessica DiCicco would be doing quite a bit of work as Lynn in this episode and deliberately wrote few lines for Lucy. Perhaps there's nothing to it at all because plenty of vastly less infamous episodes have certain sisters saying no lines whatsoever. Whatever the case, what ultimately matters is the outcome: no matter your opinion on this, it IS the truth that Lucy never actually called Lincoln out as being bad luck. In fact, her last line in the episode is the giant collective "No!" when the sisters respond to Lincoln asking if they're kidding about his room's door being locked, and once that plays out, Lucy's role in the episode is effectively finished.

One such conclusion from this is that Lucy never actually believed Lincoln was bad luck.
In the case of TheChaosTheorist, the mad lad actually went and rewatched NSL over 50 times just to find any flaw in that argument. He couldn't. In fact, rewatching that many times reinforced his opinion that there was something odd about Lucy's role in NSL. In an episode all about fortune and luck-- a force with which she has repeatedly been shown to be very adept at dealing with-- she not only makes no comment to Lincoln but even in the actual on-screen composition never acts or behaves in line with the rest of the family, this despite doing so in other episodes. Why did she tell Lincoln he was locked out of his room? Even that makes sense if she didn't think he was bad luck: Lincoln did still threaten Lori's whole future prospects by busting her golf clubs in an attempt to keep his lie going, a lie Lucy clearly saw through. So in that regard, it shifts from her thinking Lincoln was bad luck and shouldn't have his own room to her thinking he was being a selfish jerkass and should sleep on the couch instead. Not altruistic, obviously, but far less psychotic than the original reading. And considering she has no further lines, roles, or reactions, one could read anything into what she actually did after that point.

So this raised the genuine question of if Lucy might actually have not believed Lincoln was bad luck after all. What was once a stoner thought in the Annus Horribilis was reignited.

Normally, such a detail as insignificant as this wouldn't even warrant a second thought. But considering the sheer overwhelming infamy of No Such Luck, it couldn't be ignored. I sat on it for 3 years, and now I regret it.

We know that Karla Sakas, the writer of the episode itself, has lamented the way it turned out and blames Chris Savino for it, pinning all responsibility on him. We couldn't get in touch with her because it's actually impossible to do so apparently, but indirectly we were told she did not feel she could provide an actual answer because Savino was to blame.
This was formally reinforced when we asked one Jared Morgan, a storyboard artist on the Loud House who confirmed that Chris was the one calling all the shots and had full control over how the episode turned out. If there was anyone we had to ask on the topic of No Such Luck, everyone was pointing the finger at Chris Savino, the show's creator and episode director.