31 - Cherry blossoms & you

Jungkook

There had always been something so indescribably magical about spring, whether it'd be the weather taking a pleasant turn for the better as it gradually shifted towards even warmer days, or the fresh leaves and beautiful florals everywhere livening up the scenery after what once had felt like an eternal dull winter— particularly when the cherry blossoms were in their glorious full bloom, as it truly was a scenery which never seemed to lose its almost fairytale-like appearance.

For some years now, things had felt like a broken record stuck on repeat whenever this time of the year had come around; always having been far too caught up in that past devilish work schedule of yours and therefore never really having the chance to truly enjoy the cherry blossoms as much as you would have liked to— and on the few rare occasions that your multiple work schedules didn't overlap for one day, it still somehow always ended up being too late as by then the rain had already come in and washed most of the pretty petals away. Of course you did get to admire them to some extent every day on your way both to and from work, as well as during the occasional grocery runs and so forth, though even so it was never in the way you would've preferred whereas your mind wasn't entirely clouded with sheer fatigue and mind jumbling stress.

Fortunately, this year was going to be very different though, as your new job and its healthy work schedule actually allowed you proper time off— in fact, Hoseok had even insisted that the two of you take Friday and this weekend off in order to celebrate the café's incredibly successful grand opening and fully recharge your batteries before diving back into work with a refreshed mindset.

So needless to say, after waking up this morning to discover beautiful clear blue skies and quite literally the most perfect warm temperatured weather, you essentially spent the entire morning giddily bouncing around the apartment with almost child-like excitement— one might have even assumed that you'd never seen cherry blossoms before in your life based on your current endearing reaction, though it was hard to hide your excitement as luck yet again proved to be on your side.

Thankfully your companion didn't seem to mind the excitement one bit, and happily encouraged it as he was the first one to suggest that the two of you should have a picnic in Hangang Park today— knowing just how much you had been looking forward to an opportunity like this. Much to your surprise and like the supportive poltergeist that he is, calmly even went as far as to secretly help you pack a backpack with things that you'd need for said picnic whilst also ensuring all was in a tidy and easily accessible order in order to make things easier for you.

Though it honestly wasn't until the two of you arrived and settled down at a nice spot inside the mentioned park, that the entity seemed to properly understand the reasoning behind your excitement as he too fully lit up just as much as you— taking his sweet time pacing amongst the trees and their pink flowered branches with an indescribable sparkle of admiration in his eyes; looking ever so ethereal as he stood amongst them in what seemed like a scene taken straight out of a movie.

Taehyung: Wah... I don't think I remember ever seeing anything like this Ggukie— it's so beautiful!

Jungkook: I know, right? I've always thought being surrounded by cherry blossoms in this way felt like being in a fairytale of some kind...

Yet despite the occasional giddy comments and lighthearted jokes shared amongst yourselves, you couldn't quite shake the subtle melancholic feel lingering in the air as you silently watched him from afar with a faint smile tugging on your lips; unexpectedly even growing teary-eyed at the sight for some unexplainable reason. Naturally feeling utterly bewildered by your own sudden surge of overwhelming emotions, you quickly wiped your tears and tore your gaze away from Taehyung, instead now focusing on the pretty scenery surrounding you whilst trying to calm down— completely unaware that the entity secretly had been stealing admiring glances your way for some time now as well...

Eventually, he stopped pacing around the trees and instead circled back towards the little picnic blanket you currently were sat on; still somewhat spaced out as your gaze remained focused on nothing in particular somewhere off in the distance, yet quickly snapping out of it when Taehyung suddenly crouched down in front of you with a playful grin on your lips— tilting his head as he spoke up confidently.

Taehyung: Oh look what I found, it's a petal sitting amongst other petals.

Immediately upon hearing this, your eyes widened in surprise whilst looking up at him, breath hitching as a faint crimson flushed onto your cheeks— scoffing softly before uttering out a somewhat flustered ''How did you even come up with this pet name dummy... Do I look like a petal to you?'', to which he thought about it for a moment before nodding proudly.

Taehyung: Well you call me ghostie, so it is only fair that I too have a pet name for you— and petal just so happens to be one of the many that fit perfectly.

The later part caused your eyebrows to raise in slight amusement, a giggle threatening to escape past your lips as you crossed your arms whilst curiously tilting your head to the side.

Jungkook: W-Wait hold on... There's more than one?

A sly smirk now tugged at his lips as he playfully winked whilst uttering out a teasing ''That's for you to find out.'' before pretending to pat your head and swiftly standing back up to go continue exploring— ignoring the way you flusteredly called out to him and playfully demanded that he elaborates, though obviously with no success as the entity had fun feigning innocence and oblivion.

»»———- °˖✧❀✧˖° -———««

Honestly feels surreal that this book is already on its 31st chapter, it still feels like I merely began writing a couple of weeks ago 🥹🙏🏻🤍

My apologies, I decided to keep today's chapter slightly shorter since my fever has been spiking due to me accidentally straining myself too much again these past few days. However, despite that, I hope today's chapter still was okay! ♡

-Jing