In between time

(Turn on the Music at the beginning)

It was evening in London. Hobie and Jasmin had eaten and were sitting in his room. Outside it was raining cats and dogs. She sat by the window and looked out. The weather described her emotional state very well.
"Hey, what's wrong?" Hobie's raspy voice carried a hint of sensitivity and concern.
She slowly turned to face him.
"It's all just too much. I accidentally interrupted a canon event and suddenly I'm the most wanted person in the entire multiverse. I'm also putting Gwen, Miles, Pavitr and most of all you in danger."
She looked at him sadly. Her eyes were already moist, as if she might cry at any moment.
"I can't go back to my world, I don't have my portal watch anymore, and if that's not enough, I'm an unwarranted danger to everyone." She buried her face in her hands.
Hobie looked at her compassionately. It was the first time he had let go of his 'cool' facade. He walked over to her and pulled her close. He held her close to his chest.
Jasmin could hear his heart beating and feel the warmth coming from him. She felt comfortable in his arms and wrapped hers around his body.
"It's gonna be okay," he tried to reassure her. "I'm here for ya and I'll never leave your side."
He hugged her even tighter. Body to body, they stood there for a few minutes. Slowly they pulled away from each other.
"Now smile again. I miss ma' sunflower."
Jasmin actually had to smile from the bottom of her heart. His words made her happy.
Hobie looked at her. Her curly hair fell perfectly over her shoulders. Her blue eyes, as bright as the sky, were shining at him. Her smile warmed his heart and he couldn't help but smile back. For a moment, he just looked at her. The way she stood in front of him. So perfect in every way. As delicate as a flower and yet as passionate as fire. He realized how paralyzed he had been. A voice in the back of his mind tried to bring him back to reality.
"Hobie..."
But to no avail. He was paralyzed. The sight of her was driving him mad.
"Hobie..."
After some time, movement slowly returned to his body and he realized that the voice in his head was Jasmin repeating his name.
"Hey, Hobie. Is everything okay?" She looked at him with a smile.
He shook his head briefly.
"Yeah...yeah...all good." He cleared his throat. He'd known he had feelings for Jasmin for a while, but he'd never been this close to her before. Nothing like this had ever happened to him before.
Whatever just had happened...
Jasmin noticed that he stared at her for a long time and her stomach tightened. She felt flattered but didn't know how to react.
"We're going out," Hobie Brown said suddenly.
"Excuse me?"
"We're going out. Out. Ya need to get yer mind off things, Sunflower."
She looked at him, confused.
"Come on, believe me. You'll like it. We'll go to a bar. There's really good music." He smiled at her mischievously. His coolness, which he had lost only a few seconds ago, had returned.
After a few arguments, she was persuaded and went out with him into the wet London.