S1 E11: The One With The Internships

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ANOTHER DAY PASSED AND ERIC DIDN'T SAY A WORD, but Andy didn't want to let it rob her of her joy anymore. She wanted to get on with her life, even if Eric didn't want any part of it anymore. She supposed she would never figure out what she did to deserve the silent treatment, but at this point, she wasn't sure she cared. She was tired of being sad. 

She skated to school early in the morning and seemed to have gotten there when just a few other people did. She was always early, but never this early... She'd be waiting a while on her bench.  

She kicked up her skateboard and ran up the steps, careful not to trip over her own feet. The building was unlocked, but when she went inside, the halls were like a ghost town. All for the better, though, because she'd get some well-needed studying done. She turned the corner and dropped a strap from her backpack, preparing to open it up when she froze in her place. 

Eric was sitting on the bench and waiting for her. For him to be here even earlier than she was seemed crazy, he must have gotten up at five in the morning to not only be awake but to have walked here and be fully alert. He seemed anxious, his hands twiddling and his knee thumping. She didn't know whether or not that was due to him being nervous to see her or sleep-deprived... either way, it was subtly alarming. 

"Andy?" He tilted his head, unsure of why she was so still. She wasn't expecting him this early, or at all. 

"What are you doing here? School doesn't start for an hour..." she trailed off, tearing her eyes from his gaze to continue what she was doing with her backpack. 

"I needed to talk to you."

"I thought you didn't talk to me anymore," she muttered but sat down on the bench anyway since she still intended on doing her work here. As far as she was concerned, this was her bench, and he was trespassing. 

"Look, I've been an idiot," he started, rubbing the back of his neck and trying to gather more words. "I should have talked to you the night you came to see me, I was just upset, and I-"

"Why were you upset? What reasons could you possibly have had to be upset with me?" She nearly begged for answers. She would have gone her whole life without knowing, but now he was here, and he was talking to her again... so she had to know. 

He looked at her with a sad expression. He was angry at himself, for behaving so shamefully to someone who's always been there for him when he needed them. All she wanted was someone to talk to that night, and because of his stupid jealousy, he broke her heart over it.

"I saw you and Griff in the parking lot... I was with Jason and Todd." His admission caused her to let out a sigh. 

"I knew it..." she trailed, but nodded for him to continue. 

"I don't know what happened to me, I guess I got overprotective or something... but seeing you like that with him," he paused, shaking his head. He wanted to tell her the truth. He wanted to admit he felt a physical attraction to her that had never been there before. His mind was telling him to let her know, and maybe all of this would go away... but then he saw how sullen she looked waiting for the answer. He didn't deserve to tell her anything that might benefit him. She was happy with Griff, and he'd nearly ruined it by being selfish. "I just want him to treat you right... don't want him to hurt you."

"You mean like you did?" 

It was said in a half-joking tone, but there was truth within those words. 

"Yeah," he chuckled a little but nodded in agreement. He did hurt her, and he regretted it. "I know I deserved that."

It was silent for a moment, but then Andy rose her head to meet her eyes. "Eric, why didn't you just tell me when I came to see you? Why did you make me leave when you had so much to say to me?"