S2 E1: The One With The New Year

Rebecca Alexa. The stunningly gorgeous supermodel had agreed to go out with Eric on New Year's Eve. It was all he could talk about for days leading up to the big event. Being on winter break was great and all, but it meant Eric had a lot more time to annoy Andy with non school related antics. This girl, Rebecca Alexa, whom he absolutely will not let anyone forget the name of, is his most recent one.

If she's being honest, Andy's just glad that this year, she won't have to put up with him drooling over another girl that will inevitably break his heart before midnight. Especially this new supermodel. She'd hoped he'd find a nice date for New Years, but one that was out of his league was not of a comfort. Too bad she wouldn't be around to console him when things went awry. Griff Hawkins, her boyfriend of twelve weeks now, was planning a special night out for their first new year's eve together. Something about a party, a limo, she thinks she even recalls him mentioning a five star hotel and restaurant. She knows how over the top he can be, so she hasn't come to be surprised anymore when his plans involve crazy and expensive activities, all handed out to him as favors, of course.

She's makes a point to stop in her kitchen on New Years Eve morning, her mom sitting over the breakfast table with tenseness to her shoulders.

"Mom, are you still going to that party tonight?"

She gave a thin lipped smile, her hands slightly clenching around her coffee sup.

"That's the plan," with a nod of her head, she changed the subject. "What all is that boyfriend of yours wanting to do?"

It was asked playfully, but Andy knew she didn't like him as much as she let on. Even though he gifted her a golden bracelet for Christmas, making sure she 'got a nice present' from someone. She appreciated his gesture, but really, it only made her more suspicious as to why he was able to do all these crazy things all the time. Surely, the type of people who lived here didn't come from super wealthy status? And yet, here he is, acting like he has money to spare, and he does.

"Some party in the city, probably something along the lines of a dance club, but I'm not sure."

She finally sat down beside her mother, taking a bite out of the toast she'd put on a plate for her.

"Alright, well... I guess I'll see you when I see you. I've got an appointment this afternoon and a few errands to run before I come back to get ready. You might be gone by then."

Andy nodded, not quite able to speak yet for her mouth full of bread. She wondered what the appointment was for, she didn't usually have things like this on holidays, she tried her best to avoid it. Maybe it's just an urgent meeting...

"I'm gonna head over to Eric's place in  about an hour. He wants advice on ehat he should wear. I don't know if you heard, he's got a date with a model," Andy chuckled under her breath after the last bit, looking to her mom to see the shock on her face.

"Really? I mean he's a sweet boy and everything but I just... a model? How did he manage that?"

"Apparently a friend of his is her cousin, said she needed a date and obviously Eric was very happy to oblige."

Her mom turned it over in her head, and though it still didn't make much sense, she still supposed it was possible. Ever since Andy started dating her boyfriend, there seemed to be a rather strange distance between her and Eric. Not a physical one, but perhaps a mental one. It showed in the way they acted around one another and in school. Even just the way they spoke about the other was unfamiliar. They used to be joined at the hip, and now, instead of them spending New Years together, which seemed a tradition, they were going their separate ways, with dates.