Black-out

"I already told you, coach. I have no clue why he isn't here!" Ferre shouted at their coach once again. The whole team was on edge at the moment, and their captain and coach arguing did not really make it better. Paolo Perrone sighed. He coughed to get everyone's attention, but also to finally shut up the 18-year-old. "We are gonna have to find a way to play today's match without Yuki. I know it sucks and that it is a very sudden change in plans, but we have no other choice. Osniel will replace him for the whole match."

-

Over and over again, Matteo glanced at his phone. He had been waiting for a message ever since Yuki did not show up. The middle-blocker knew that he would not just leave them hanging like that. It wasn't like Yuki. Was something wrong?

Matteo had been so caught up with his thoughts that he missed his coach calling him three times for a substitution. When he did realise his name being called, he was thrown an angry stare. Nicola, while high fiving him, looked at him concerned. "Are you okay, Matteo?" He asked quietly. The second they made eye contact, Nicola knew something was wrong.

He never voiced his thoughts though. Matteo did not mind.

-

Everything around him was black. Something had been tied around his eyes, making him unable to see. He guessed it to be a blindfold. All Yuki knew was that he did not like it here, that the concrete he was sitting on was uncomfortable, that his arms hurt from being tied behind his back and that he was missing the match he was supposed to attend. Overall, it sucked.

The cracking of a door opening caught his attention. His heartbeat accelerated, sweat started to form on his forehead. Cold shivers ran down his spine. There were voices around him. One was the man with the tattoos from the train stop. "Yuki~" He sang in a taunting voice.

And even though he did not sound aggressive whatsoever, Yuki was still scared shitless.

Suddenly, he felt the man touch his face.

Yuki tried backing off, making himself extra small in an attempt to avoid the man's hand. To no avail. Instead, it just made the criminal laugh and grab his face harshly. The blindfold was pulled off of his face. Some strands of his hairs were removed as well, now in the man's hand. He threw everything carelessly to the floor. Not a second glance.

All he heard were evil laughs. The hand tilted his chin up and therefore forced him to make eye contact with the kidnapper. It was, in fact, Mr. Tattoo. Just as ugly as Yuki remembered. "Did you have a good sleep? Must have been exhausted from yesterday's practice." It was already next morning. What time was it?

The man seemed to have noticed his sudden interest, especially as soon as he had mentioned that a day had already passed. Kind of. "It's already 1:30pm, my dear. You missed half of the match already. But we need to hurry now, otherwise our chance is gone." He was about to leave. But then suddenly turned back to Yuki.

"You are quite handsome, Ishikawa. Basically, made for the big screen. Don't you worry, your potential won't go to waste. Because in exactly-" He glanced at his watch "-five minutes we will be back and record a beautiful video for your friends. You should be excited, Yuki."

The athlete noticed a man with a beard walk inside. It was coloured orange, the rest of his head bald. He was carrying a camera in his right hand, in his left a white sign. The camera was installed just a meter or so away from Yuki's face.

"We will activate the camera and then you will read the sign out loud. Do not even dare try and do something, I can promise that you will regret it." To prove his point, Tattoo flicked his knife and revealed the sharp blade once more. That simple move made Yuki not even try to active his brain.