Rewrite (Chapter 1.1: PROLOGUE)

2021.06.27/ 2:55 PM, (Name) had to leave her old school, as well as the sweet memories she had made within the past 4 years behind. That sour feeling she had felt at the pit of her chest while seeing both her classmates and friends become smaller, and even more smaller from the distance as her father drives the car away was bothersome to (Name).

She was sitting up on the passenger seat, both her knees were laying on the chair, while her feet were hanging on like how notebooks looked like when you didn't place it on the middle of the table securely. Her fingers were dug deep into the chair, but her grip wasn't tough enough to be able to rip the leather fabric open.

(Name)'s eyes were stuck on the backseat window, still staring into the distance even though nothing could be  admired other than an empty grayish black road.

Perhaps, that's how (Name) felt at the moment. Grayish and black. She didn't know whether she should be upset at her parents for changing her school or be grateful— or at least be alright with her parents moving her to a prestige school. But one thing she knows for sure is that she hopes the friends she had made there won't just be a forgotten chapter in her 'book of life'.

Her father's gentle voice had gotten (Name) out of her trance.

"(Name), baby? Sit down properly or else you'll hit your head. You don't want to end up like that little girl from that movie we watched yesterday, right?" 

"That movie.." (Name) remained silent as she thought to herself. Unlike her 'social butterfly' parents , (name) is not a talker.

That movie (name)'s family had watched yesterday was about a desperate, and lonely man losing both his wife and daughter as his daughter has slipped and fell on her back into a deep construction sight hole, and lost his wife after the argument he had with her for their child's loss.

(Name) always found it odd about how movies always shows that parents fight each other if their child has fallen deeper than that 'titanic submarine' way too soon.

I'm a haste, (Name) obediently plopped herself down onto her seat, then scooted her body over to rest her right shoulder on the door handle right next to the window.

and in a matter of seconds, (Name) felt her eyelids dropping slowly before she falls into a deep slumber despite the noisy "brrrrrrr..."  coming from outside of her car.