(Rewrite, Chapter 1.2: Before we met)

It's been an hour since (a) had fallen into her deep slumber.

As the traffic lights blinked from green to orange for the last few seconds, father had pressed his foot against the breaks then turned his body around and lay his eyes on his daughter—who's currently asleep.

The look on father's face had softened at the sight of his daughter sleeping comfortably on her seat. 'That's great', he thought  (a) was finally resting her eyes after all of that troublesome crying she had been through a couple of hours ago.

However, the sounds of cars beeping from the distance had gotten father out of his trance, causing him to sit back down properly on the driver's seat and continue his— and his daughter's— journey to their brand new house.

4:46PM

The drive from (a)'s school to her new home had taken approximately 1 hour and 5-15 minutes.

That journey must've made dad sick, but he was used to it. Not to mention, dad was a soccer player/pro athlete— which he still is.

Although his last name meant 'to push' or 'to make something fall' in Tagalog, mom willingly married him because dad was nothing like that. Perhaps, that was what made mom fall head over heals for him.

But whenever mom talks to me in Tagalog about cats pushing things off the table and how I shouldn't let Kiki, our pet cat,  relax on our counter again, I can't tell if she's saying our last name or if she actually meant 'to push'.

'Isagi mo sige' (mom talking to Kiki), that's how it was pronounced— at least that's how mom pronounced it. She kept saying that she wasn't as fluent in Tagalog compared to one of her friends, uncle Gab.

After a while, (a) found herself laying ever so still on a bed, which she can safely assume was hers since the room she is in is strangely decorated with her belongings and the wallpaper was colored with (f/c). Her favorite color.

She could see the small Knick knacks she had found years ago laying on a desk she couldn't recognize. Perhaps mom allowed dad to spend money on new furniture? But that can't be since mom was always a 'cheap' person.

She was raised to be that way anyway. (A) could tell that since grandpa was so stingy with money because of the way he reacted when mom offered to buy a new electric fan

However, (a)'s thoughts vanished into thin air as a couple of muffled footsteps could be heard outside of (a)'s bedroom.

Then, the door knob twisted quickly, making an 'errr' sound.

A pair of fingers then latched onto the left side/wall of the entrance, revealing (a)'s older siblings—which were dizygotic(nonidentical) twins: Rei and Mei.  Both of them were great soccer players. Like dad.

(a) could be a soccer player as well, but she had other plans.

Mei walked into (a)'s room casually and darted her dark red to pale pink eyes around the area.

"Wow, I guess dad sure is great at organizing stuff." Mei sighed with her mouth forming an ":3". A habit she picked up off uncle Rui.

(A) ,still half asleep, looked up at both rei and Mei with squinted and tired eyes.

"what..? Did dad organized a giraffe or something?" (A) spoke as she rubbed her tired eyes. However, (a)'s odd response had made her brother punch her shoulder playfully. "No you duffus!"