You're Prepared

Summary: Ransom gets some information

Pairings: Ransom Drysdale X Reader (friends/parents)

Rating: Explicit

Warnings: Explicit language, mentions of sex, mentions of loss of virginity, mentions of divorce, mild mentions of Andy's abuse, mentions of stalking, mentions of guns, protective Ransom, Jake, and Steve18+ ONLY

Word Count: 1.2k

Ransom stands over his daughter's cribs

Ransom stands over his daughter's cribs. Iris's portable crib had since been replaced with one that matches Aster's. Harlan and himself spared no expense at making this room both of theirs. Harlan seemed to be the only one on board with Ransom adopting Iris, but he doesn't care. Biologically she might not be his, but that tiny shy little girl is his baby, one of his everythings.

He takes a glance at his phone, checking the time and seeing if he's received a message from you, or him. Nothing. With your new number he almost wishes he talked himself into tagging it as well. He fears for you. Andy is a desperate man, even threatening you in the parking deck. Even though Ransom is furious that you thought you needed to sleep with Frank, he also understands. Having a quick session with Dr. Banner to talk through it. He was more upset that you never thought about how dangerous that could have been. Thankfully you're in one piece. You are always the last person you worry about. That need to please everyone, and not thinking of the cost to your own self.

His fingers skim over the cheeks of both girls. Iris snuggles closer to his finger, while Aster gives a sleepy smile before yawning. They are his. When he saw you pregnant, he never could have imagined this is where it would lead. The two of them sleeping soundly at his family's estate. The only problem is you're not in the room next door, sleeping and waiting on him.

He isn't sure why he doesn't just tell you that you and the girls are what he wants. That you two can continue to parent and go to therapy and work through it. But he tells himself it's selfish to push you into a committed relationship right now. Assures himself that letting you figure out what it is you want from Jake. Maybe explore something more than friendship with Steve. But he knows if he wants you to explore your confused emotions concerning Jake, that he has to stop accusing you of sleeping with him. He won't be compared to your dick ex-husband again.

Is that what he really wants? Does he want you to be sexual with Jake, and possibly push him aside? Ransom isn't sure about that, but he wants you to be sure that you are who he wants. He knows, even though Andy claims you're a whore, that you haven't had many partners. It was only a brief conversation that you two had, sipping on wine while the girls took a late afternoon nap. Losing your virginity to your high school crush, star quarterback Jake Wyler, something you regretted as soon as it happened. Your first boyfriend Bryce who was a complete asshole and couldn't perform, barely even letting you finish. The architect Kyle was only a quick relationship when you found the time in between taking care of your grandfather. That might have been innocent enough, but it was your most normal relationship. He took the time with you that you needed. You giggled when you told him that Kyle was the first person to make you orgasm.

And then Andy happened. He was a predator waiting on you, and while you might believe that Frank was manipulated by Andy, you never would have met Andy had it not been for him. You would have been comfortable working at a barista.

Ransom sighs, sitting down in the glider, still watching the twins sleep calmly, a warn serenity washes over him. Smiling when Aster yawns, and Iris rubs at her eyes before giving a soft little snore. If you hadn't had met Andy, he never would have met you. He wouldn't be staring at two of the most beautiful girls, only coming second to you. It's a twisted tale how he met you, but he has something in front of him that he never thought he would have. Two little girls that love him.

It's getting late, but he still wants to just watch them. Wants them to have everything he didn't. Yes, they will be spoiled beyond measure, but he vows that between you and him, they will have the love and attention that they deserve. He knows you two aren't where you should be, but the thing that you both agree on is these two angels come first. Both of you able to put aside your issues to be loving parents to them.

With the low vibrations of his phone in his pocket, Ransom gets elated, thinking it's you, but it's not. I found what you were looking for.

He takes a quick look at the girls before softly walking out of the room. Texting is not going to be good enough. He dials the number, "You found what or who?"

The man on the other phone takes a deep breath. "Both."

"I'm going to send you the address to where I'm at. Get here immediately."

He paces around the foyer, all kinds of thoughts racing through his mind. They will bury him. Andy Barber is one of the worst kinds of abusers. It's been for years, and all under everyone's noses. He walks around with this fake arrogance of perfection. No one knowing exactly what he was doing to you. What he did to Laurie, and it makes Ransom sick. Ransom is an asshole. He is pompous and withdrawn. Well, was those things. Between you and his daughters, he's changing. Still an ass to most people, but anyone who knows or knew Ransom see the visible changes in him.

Nights like this Ransom hates that Harlan lives so far out. Waiting far too long for him to get here. When the grown man dressed like a teenager walks up the steps to the estate, Ransom yanks open the door, guiding him to the sitting room. "Tell me everything. He's already threatening her."

Colin opens up a file glancing over it. "He's following her too. He's got a client that has never paid for any of his services, Syd. He's a junkie; he's been following her as well. Andy's got nothing but time. Jake started tracking his phone, but he's gotten smart. He first followed her to that hotel with Frank. He followed you two to the park, even had pictures of you guys, but then his phone hasn't left his house," Ransom's fist tightens on the chair. He grows angrier with every bit of information Colin tells him.

"Son of a bitch. She's at the Wilson's," he pulls out his phone quickly, dialing Jake's number. "He's been following her. Tell me you idiots aren't drunk, and get back to that house."

Jake nervously glances over at Steve, "Shit. She said she felt Andy was following her. Steve said she was looking around the..." Jake stops his speaking when Bucky pulls his phone to his ear.

"Calm down. What is going on?"

"Jake! What the fuck is happening?"

"That's the only house without power? What do you mean you can't find her? Sarah! Shit!" Ransom's body pulses with anxiety, but also complete numbness. "Grab a flashlight," Bucky snaps his fingers, already the group begins rushing out. "She needed to lay down and you left her. Okay, breathe. She wouldn't leave the house. Sarah..."

"Jake, how far out are you?" Ransom's voice is low and hoarse. Andy Barber will die if any part of you is hurt.

"About seven minutes. Steve said we shouldn't go far," Jake is breathless, pulling out his own piece, ready for a fight.

"Good. You're prepared," Ransom would never get there in time, nearly thirty minutes away. "I'll kill him."

"Not if I get to him first."