Only If You Want To

Summary: Painting and Wine with the girls, has you going off with Curtis

Pairings: Curtis Everett X Reader

Rating: Explict

Warnings: Explicit language, mentions of PTSD, therapy dog, jealous Ransom, 18+ ONLY

Word Count: 4.1K

You sip your sparkling grape juice giggling at Becca's pitiful joke

You sip your sparkling grape juice giggling at Becca's pitiful joke. Picking up your paint brush you let the brush and paint glide over the canvas. Sarah and Bucky had suggested a daytime girls' day with wine and painting, but of course, you're still refusing to drink. Nat drops her brush, taking a sip of her red wine, and she leans back watching you. You're so caught up in the way that the paint flows and mixes together, a mess that somehow makes something beautiful.

When you reach to take a sip of your drink you catch her blue eyes watching you, "What?"

"You seem calmer than usual."

You give her a small smirk returning to your canvas, "The painting helps," once the other women realize where she's going with this conversation they stop, looking over at you. "What?" you ask smiling over your glass.

"Sure, it has nothing to do with long legged cop?" Becca gives you a wink.

Wanda leans over you, "You don't have to answer that."

"I'm not," you return to your painting but none of the others do. With a sigh, your shoulders sag. "Okay, what is it now?"

Nat's eyes never leave you when she takes a sip of her wine, "How many dates has it been now?"

"A few. He has a weird schedule."

"I think it's at six now?" when you look up at her, surprised that not only is he keeping count but letting his sister know. "Don't look so shocked. He and I are close. So how is it?"

"Natasha!" Sarah hits at her shoulder. "You definitely don't need to answer that," she turns to give her a look, "That's your brother," but Nat only shrugs still looking at you.

"Not that it's appropriate to discuss your brother's sex life with you, but I can safely say, I wouldn't know."

"So, you don't want to?" you ignore the question, returning to your painting. "Or is it because you're still hung up on the pretty boy? He still comes over to spend time with his daughters?"

"Don't try to explain complicated situations. They don't always make sense. How about we continue painting," Sarah tries to the move the conversation along.

"He knows. Why do you think he's not pushed you into sex," she begins painting again, and now you're the one that is staring at her, and calmly she ignores you. "He's a good guy. If it makes you feel better a lifelong committed relationship scares him. He enjoys women, clearly, but with his job he's never wanted something too serious. He doesn't want to leave someone behind," her eyes finally look at you. "That's why he likes you. Your heart belongs to someone else. So, should something happen, he's not left you behind alone, broken hearted and mourning him."