The Doctor's Girl (13)

Chloe knew how she was on edge. She was waiting for Becky to do something. She knew how the woman was deranged. And she was jealous of how cal had chosen her over Becky.

He was being a father to Mia which is what she wanted. She wanted to have the perfect little family and she wanted it to work out.

It wasn't easy at all. Especially while Chloe was on edge. She felt like the other woman was still on the loose.

She didn't know where she would turn up. She didn't know what she would do when she turned up.

Her head was a mess. And she was constantly overthinking. It was so hard for her at the moment. She didn't know who she could trust.

She felt as though her whole life was falling apart. She was scared. She hated how she was feeling. She just wanted things to be simple. But it was so hard.

All she knew was that things were hard. And she just didn't know how much more she could handle. She just wanted it to go back to how it used to be.

When Chloe woke, she saw Cal sitting in bed. Mia was there with him. They were watching Peppa on the iPad.

Chloe sat up and smiled. "Oh. Isn't this cute?" She said as she kissed them both.

Mia giggled. She cuddled into her daddy. Cal wrapped an arm around Chloe's shoulder. "I love waking up with you. Makes everything seem worth it," he said as he kissed her.

"I know. But do you think we have anything to worry about? With Becky?" Chloe asked.

Cal shook his head. "Not at all babe. She's all talk. She's unhinged. We have nothing to worry about. I promise. Her bark is worse than her bite."

"I hope so."

Chloe knew that she was worried. But she was thankful she had Cal. He somehow helped her fears.

***
Chloe went into the ED. She saw Leigh and walked over to her. "Hey. Cal tells me I've got nothing to worry about with Becky. Do you think I have? She's been making threats," she said.

Leigh turned to her and smiled. "You don't have anything to worry about. Becky is just trying to make herself feel important. She likes to throw out the threats. Her eldest locked Poppy in my garden and broke her arm. Im glad she's out my life. I hate her," she told her.

Chloe sighed. Knowing that she still worried about the whole Becky thing. But she needed to somehow get the thoughts out of her mind.

***
Chloe smiled as Duffy walked over. "You have a beautiful little girl. She lights up the crèche. I've just been in there," she told her.

Chloe smiled. "Thanks. She's honestly amazing. I don't know what I'd have done without her. Cal and I made something beautiful," she said.

Duffy walked off. Cal grabbed onto Chloe's waist. He smiled. "Hey. So what do you think about us maybe having another Mia in the future?" He asked.

"You want us to have another baby?"

Cal nodded. "I do. I want the best for us. You, me and a little family."

Chloe smiled and kissed him. Unaware of how Becky was about to make an appearance. And change the lives of everyone in the ED.