Kabanata 3

———  Ikatlong Kabanata  ———

FATE

  REAGAN AIDA GIBSON 

        UNIVERSITY of Art is the name of our school which contains different courses that's related to art.

It is one of the prominent university here in the Philippines and was found in 1989.

I must say, enrolling here was the best choice I've made despite being private and having an expensive tuition. In studying here, I've learned a lot when it comes to playing piano.

It is not just about pushing the key and imitating other pianists just to show a wonderful performance.

Rather, it's about connecting your song and your passion in playing the piano to be able to share the message it wants to convey to others. In order for the audience and the pianist to have the same feeling during the performance.

"Reagan?"- natigil ako sa paglalakad sa hallway nang tawagin ako ni Prof. Aleli. Isa sa mga subject teacher ko.

"Are you going to the cafeteria?"- she asks before glancing at her wristwatch.

Professor Aleli Tagucio has this warm aura ever since I've known her. She's comfortable to talk with and has a pleasant smile.

She's taller than me when she wears her 2 inch red stilettos. Average weight, light brown skin toned and above the shoulder straight hair.

"Yes, ma'am."- I respond and wait for her to stop infront of me.

She scratch the back of her neck hesitantly. I also notice that she's holding a pile of papers.

"I should be the one bringing this but could you please pass this to Professor Carlos? I was about to go but then an emergency came up."- she requested with a warm smile on her face.

"Sure. Madadaanan ko naman po ang office niya so it's fine."- saad ko at inabot ang hawak niya.

She smiled and thanked me before parting our ways.

Professor Carlos is one of the teachers of Fine Arts. Their department's building is near the cafeteria so I'll just stop by a minute to drop this.

Nang makapasok sa building nila ay umakyat ako sa hagdan patungong second floor. May mga classrooms duon na bakante at meron ding nagkaklase.

Nang makarating sa dulo ay natanaw ko ang opisina niyang medyo bukas.

I was about to knock when I heard that he was talking to someone so I leaned at the wall beside the door to wait.

But I was not expecting what I heard.

"Mr. Morgan, this project covers 30% of your grade. The deadline is already due yesterday. How come you didn't pass yours?"- narinig kong tanong ni professor carlos.

"I'm sorry sir but regarding the subject of our project..."- the man paused. "...I don't think I can do it."- he continued in a monotone voice.