ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN: SECRETIVE

It wasn't a secret that Peter fell in love insanely easily, his long list of crushes just proved that, yet none of them had ever reciprocated his feelings towards them

It wasn't a secret that Peter fell in love insanely easily, his long list of crushes just proved that, yet none of them had ever reciprocated his feelings towards them. They often knew how he felt, he had always been bad at keeping secrets, and they either ignored him or just straight up told him the truth; he wasn't sure which one he preferred.

Ned used to complain all the time about how he cared more about the pretty girls in his class than he did about his best friend, but Peter would claim that wasn't true. He didn't see a problem with it, Aunt May had always told him that these feelings were normal and expected, and that he should be careful with who he gives his heart to.

Peter was younger then and the metaphor went right over his head, he assumed she meant his actual real beating heart and that thought of that gave him nightmares for a while, but now he understood what she meant more than ever. He knew that getting rejected was hard, but even after only a few days he could already tell that a heartbreak would be much harder.

He wasn't even technically in a relationship yet, although it basically was in everything but name, and the thought of losing what he had was already a scary idea. Maybe Peter should've listened to May more, especially when she told him to go slow, but he couldn't have stopped himself from rushing in the way he did.

It did not take long for Peter to eventually realize that he seriously knew absolutely nothing about relationships, including whether or not he was actually in one or not. This was all new to him, and he really did not want to mess up whatever it was he had with Caleb, whether they actually were in a relationship or not.

They had kissed twice on Friday night, they both admitted that they liked each other, and then on Saturday they went to the movie theater and the arcade, but Peter wasn't sure if that counted as a date or not. He had given Caleb flowers, the forget me nots that he loved, and they had held hands. They also kissed a lot more after that, like a lot, and he finally understood why his classmates were so obsessed with doing it.