•Hiccup• First Flight

Time frame: Before httyd 3

Warnings: None

Genre: Fluff
*****************************

"What?! You've never ridden a dragon before?" Hiccup literally shouted when I told him, I shrugged nonachantly, "Yep." "How is that even possible? You know a lot more about them than I do-" "I read about them." "Most of the things you know aren't in the book of dragons Y/n."
"I'm not from this world remember?" He froze mid-pace as he stared at me, "Oh yeah...I guess you fit in so well, I almost forgot about that detail." He mumbled as I laughed and pecked his cheek before walking away.

Three days after my not so shocking revelation, I was in the academy talking with Astrid as she pet Stormfly when suddenly Hiccup barged in,

"You're riding a dragon today."

"Excuse me?" I asked utterly confused at what he just said, but he just puffed his chest out, "You heard me." "Hiccup, I don't-" "It doesn't matter what you're about to say."

"That was rude dude."

"Sorry, I meant, no matter what excuse you want to give, it doesn't matter because you're riding one today, whether you like it or not." I sighed, "Fine." It was better to get this over and done with anyway, besides, I knew he wasn't going to let it go till I actually rode one.

"Really?!" "Yeah, it's best if I do it soon anyways, plus you sort of commanded me to ride one, didn't you?" He laughed nervously scratched the back of his neck and let out a laugh, "To be honest, I didn't think you'd actually agree." "Why you-" "But you have so no take backs."I groaned, but smiled when he pecked my lips and ran towards Toothless.

"Astrid was he like this in your relationship?" "Huh? Nope." "So why is it me?" "Because you're special. To him at least you are." I tried to force my face to turn into a cringed face but the blush on my cheeks betrayed me. Astrid let out a laugh, "I see why he's obsessed with making you blush." "Huh?" "Yeah, it's cute when you blush a lot." It deepened as I looked away from her, "It's not cute." "Sure it isn't." She laughed and I just walked away, any more of that and I'd faint.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I continued petting Toothless while waiting for Hiccup to get everything ready, the dragon rolling over as I scratched his chin for him, "Oh aren't you just adorable?" He cooed as I baby talked, "Okay, that's enough love from my girlfriend for one day, bud." Hiccup said as he got onto Toothless, "And who are you to decide that?"

"Hey, I get limited love from you daily, why should he get anymore?"

"First, he's a dragon, Second, he's adorable." I stated bluntly, "Doesn't matter." I rolled my eyes as Toothless grumbled at his rider, I pet his snout one last time, "Oh your rider just one big meanie." I pecked his head before heading over to Hiccup who rolled his eyes at us.

"You ready?" "Does it matter?" "Yes it does, I know I forced you to ride, but if you seriously feel that you don't want to ride today, we can move it forward." I smiled at him, "Oh, I'm ready now. Stop being sappy." I tried to climb the saddle, failing horribly.

"Need some help there, m'lady?" I could hear the smugness in that sentence, "Shut up and help me up."

When I finally got onto Toothless, I asked, "So how does this work?" "Hold on tight." I did so and suddenly, Toothless shot up in the air and I shut my eyes tight and dug my fingers into Hiccup's torso, "You're squeezing out the air from me love." I loosened my grip on him and I heard a chuckle, "You can open your eyes y'know?" "No thank you." "Y/n, I brought you flying so you could see the beauty of flying, I know it seems scary, but we're just gliding, please open your eyes."

I took a deep breaths and opened my eyes, a gasp escaping my lips, the view was just beautiful, despite me seeing it in the movies and even imagining it when I read the books, this defeated it by far, it was more beautiful and slowly I unwrapped myself from Hiccup and reached forward to move my hands through the clouds, they were fluffy and soft and soon I found myself laughing.

Toothless dived towards the ocean and I leaned to the side as the water glided through my fingers, I was in awe, I hugged Hiccup when we started gliding, "Thank you." "We've just begun, my love." And soon I found us doing bunch of tricks and flying through sea stacks and finally we landed on an island.

I started playing with Toothless as Hiccup began to mark out the island on his map, "Thank you my trusty flyer." I pet him and ran around, soon as I sat and he jumped around me.

"What about me?"

"What about you?"

I saw him roll his eyes as he started to go back to his map, I giggled and walked over to him, putting my arms over his shoulders, placing a kiss to the back of his neck, "Thank you to my lovely boyfriend who forced me to go flying with him." He smiled, "You're welcome...but that kiss isn't accepted." "Oh really?" "Yep." I got up to leave when he grabbed my arm and brought me down again, pressing his lips against mine for a split millisecond before he pulled back grinning at me, "Now it is."

"I hate you."

"I love you too."
*****************************

Whoo, first chapter done, what did you guys think?

Word count:942

If only I could put that much effort into writing my English essays 🤧