Season 1; Chapter 4; Fiorentina

Anouk's pov

I had closed myself off from most of the team. After my run, I saw that they were still chilling at pool side. I just went up to the room we shared and showered. When I was done showering, I had to do something. I couldn't sit down and let my brain think, so ultimately I put on my red bikini and joined the team at poolside, knowing that I wouldn't be able to make it on my own.

When I walked through the doors, my towel in my hand, I heard someone whistle and I looked up to see that it was Daan. I chuckled and went to sit with the Dutchies. I knew that I was good looking, partly it was genes, but I had put a lot of work into my body to get it into shape. I had slight abs, my arms and legs were fair skinned and there was definitely muscle showing there.

When I was seated on one of the pool beds, I glanced over the faces of the other girls. When my eyes went past Leah's eyes, I saw some kind of curiosity but also a new kind of pity in her eyes. I narrowed my eyes.

I looked at Daan, I knew that she sometimes could tell people a little bit, it has happened before. "Daan?" Her eyes immediately landed on me. "Yeah?" "Did you tell Leah anything?" She sighed. "I only told her that your past relationship wasn't the best. I didn't tell her what had happened. Only that you need time." I let out a breath that I didn't know that I was holding. "Okay, thank you." I had always been bad at explaining my own shit.

She let out a breath of relief and I chuckled slightly.

Leah's pov

I looked at Anouk, I mean, how couldn't someone look at her? I saw her sit down besides Daan and they engaged in a conversation. I was worried that Daan had told me something she shouldn't, but they were laughing. I guess that they were fine.

A hand tapped my shoulder and I almost jumped out of my skin. I turned around and was looking into Jordan's eyes. "Hey, uhm, can we talk for a moment?" I really didn't want to, but I had to. I nodded my head and we walked inside of the hotel, sitting down on a bench.

"What did you want to talk about?" She picked her nails, showing that she was nervous. "I, uhm, I want to give us another shot. I have seen how you look at Anouk. I know that I usually don't see that kind of stuff, but even I noticed. And uhm, I got jealous." I sighed and gently took her hands in mine, making eye contact. "Jords. First of all, I greatly appreciate you, and I'm proud of you that you're here to tell me. But I can't do us again. It took me a lot of time to get over you, over our breakup, and I'm finally happy with myself again. I'm sorry."

She nodded her head and pulled her hands away from mine. "Is it because of Anouk?" I blinked a few times, thinking about what she even said. "What?" I almost let out a laugh at how redicious she was being. It was almost as if she was blaming Anouk for our breakup. "I'm sorry. No. Anouk is a completely different story. She has nothing to do with us and she had never had anything to do with anything that had happened. I broke up with you because you cheated on me Jordan. I fell out of love with you. Do I like Anouk? Maybe. But that's for me to find out. We've been broken up for a year Jordan."

She looked at me, her eyes getting red and angry. "What does she have that I don't? You don't even know her yet Leah!" I scoffed. "How dare you turn everything around her? She's been with us for only a couple of weeks! It's not like I'm off to fuck her like you did with Lisa."

She fell silent and I scoffed, standing up. I walked back to the group but I didn't bother to plaster a fake smile on my face.

Anouk's pov

After a decent night's sleep, we were now at training. Jonas called us all together after the warming up. "Okay girls, after thinking for a bit, I have our starting 11 ready. In goal we have, of course, Manuela, our defenders will be Jennifer, Leah, Leonie and Daniëlle. Midfielders Kim, Jill and Vivianne. Now for our attackers, Katie, Lisa and Beth. Thank you for your time. Let's continue our training."