Season 1; Episode 20; Liverpool

Leah's pov

The therapy session had completely exhausted her. She was supposed to do this once a week now, and she was completely stressed. She was still sober and I had kept a very close eye on the bottles whenever she was away from home.

Which was a lot.

Once she had done her shoot with Nike, a lot more attention from the media went towards her. Especially with her outstanding football skills that kept being put on display. There were also media outlets claiming that she would have a much bigger future with different clubs.

I hoped that she wouldn't leave Arsenal.

Her daily runs had returned and she put a lot of pressure on herself, working harder during practices on the field but also during the gym sessions.

Today was our match against Liverpool. I had made some coffee for the both of us and when she came home, she gratefully grabbed a mug. "Have I told you that you're amazing?" She asked me. I smiled at her. "No. Why?" She kissed my cheek. "Well, you're absolutely amazing."

She opened one of the kitchen drawers and grabbed her anxiety medication and swallowed the pill. It was matchday. Of course she's ridden with anxiety.

I gently grabbed her hands. "Hey. You're going to be amazing today." She nodded her head and kissed my lips. "You better give me those amazing passes of yours, Williamson." I smiled. "But of course."

We grabbed our bags that I had already packed for the both of us and we drove in my car to the stadium.

Anouk's pov

I couldn't stop being anxious. Nike had posted new ads around the world with me as the model on it and suddenly it seemed as if everyone was interested in me. My phone just kept buzzing. It drove me crazy.

And then there was the thing about me being sober. That also definitely didn't help. At all. I barely slept anymore.

We reached the facility and when I didn't immediately get out of the car, Leah made me look at her by gently moving my head by having her fingers underneath my chin. "What's wrong?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Just really nervous." She kissed my lips. I could never get over this feeling. I melted into her touch and felt my body relax.

It's matchday. I need to perform well. We got out of the car and headed into the stadium, talking with some fans along the way.

We then walked into the locker room and we greeted our team-mates. Katie walked over to us. "There we have our stars! How many goals will you score today Anouk?" I looked up at her since I was currently sitting down. "I'm hoping on at least one." She smiled. "I hope so for you too. Also? That Nike photoshoot? You look really good." I smiled. "Thank you Katie. I appreciate it." She smiled back at me and then sat into her cubby, getting ready herself.

I was tense and I knew it. All eyes would be on me again. I knew that too. I would just have to get used to it.

We entered the field for our warming-up and the fans cheered when they saw me back on the field in the starting 11. We did some free kicks and I hit the balls actually very well, getting the curling and the power right. I just hoped that I would be able to pull it off during the match too.

When we were done with the warming-up, we returned to the locker room and changed into our match kits. When it was time, Jonas pulled us away from the locker room and we lined up in the players tunnel, soon walking out on to the field.

"Arsenal versus Liverpool today. What are you thinking of this?"

"It should be a very exciting match. Both clubs have a very impressive team walking on to the field today. This might be a close one."