Chapter 2: Brothers

"Hey Kris!! Where are you?" Says my oldest brother Cyrus. Even though we are young adults, we still like to play games like "hide or be found" or "run away from the alien". "The point of hide or be found is for me to not tell you where I am!!" I yell back. "Found you!!" "That's not fair!! You heard me yell to you!!" "Well, you shouldn't of answered." he says sarcastically. "You know that's against the rules, ya know, to be rude."

We have strict rules here. If you get caught by a mediator, who knows what will happen. Everyone who has been caught has never been the same.

"Come on little girls!! Time for dinner!" calls my second older brother Daniel. "Coming!" Me and Cyrus reply in unison.

By the time me and Cyrus make our way downstairs, Daniel and my youngest older brother are sitting at the table.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Twelve years ago our mother died in a ship crash. And eight years after my father died trying to protect Cyrus when he broke one of the most important rules- violence.

He was teased as a child since he was always so quiet. What they didn't know was that he was abused by our grandfather. After Cyrus was born, my parents realized they couldn't handle having children, because of their job. They used to be part of our leadership, before they were killed. But two months after Cyrus turned three, they realized that they couldn't handle being without their child. So they took him back and raised him as a parent should.

About a year later, when Cyrus turned four, Alicia, our mother, had another child and named him Daniel. They decided to not have anymore kids. But then one day, three years later, Alicia was outside looking out into what we call space, she had a desire for a daughter.

About a month and a half later, she was pregnant with another boy. His name was Zach. Alicia and my father Ashton still wanted a daughter though. A year later, they were finally pregnant with a girl. They wanted to name her something that would suit their world, you know, a world of hard work and lessons. So they decided to name their little girl Kris.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"What are you thinking about?" Says Zach. Me and Zach have always been close. I think it is mostly because of our age difference though. Cyrus is twenty-four, Daniel is twenty-one, and Zach is eighteen.

"Oh, nothing." I reply softly.