Chapter 3 - The first Enemy

Velios wouldn't wake up in a long period of time, but his senses told him that something was wrong, that something was off. His eyes opened instantly and his pupils were smaller than usual. So small you could barely see them longer. Velios was alert of any type of danger and his hightened senses immidiately scanned around trying to find out what was wrong. But all he could see was darkness, so he couldn't really see anything. But from having survived in the wild for total amounts of atleast a year in total, he could guess what it was. The forest around him was way too quiet, there was most likely a predator nearby.
He didn't know why he didn't realise the fact sooner, but his body was close to completely immobile, he was still lying down without even realising it. Incapable of defending himself if attacked, he made a sound of his frustration."No! Not now." He screamed out, but he also unintentionally managed to give out his exact position to his predator as if the situation couldn't get worse.

Velios started hearing Growling coming from within the forest just a couple tens of meters from his position. Combined with the loud sounds from everytime it took a step, he knew instantly what it was. It was a bear, and not just any bear, but a bear that looked to be nearly double the size of a normal one which only made him think one thing. 'Shit, shit, shit! This couldn't have gone any worse, why always me?'
But stuff like that wouldn't help him, it would only hinder Velios, but while thinking that, the giant bear rushed out of it's hiding directly and straight towards him. The giant claws of the bear were headed straight for both his head and neck. But right before the bear managed to connect the hit, Velios mustered up all his strength his currently weak and fragile body could.

His hands managed to find a grip further up on the giant bears leg and used the momentum from the giant bears attack to propel his legs further up on the bears leg and at the same time move his head away from the claws. When the bears leg landed on the ground, Velioss entire body was upside down and clinched on the bears leg, but he wasted absolutely no time in their battle.
He clenched his arms as hard as he could around the giant bears leg and moved his legs higher up towards the stomach and side of the bear, getting a good grip with his feet and ankle before he pushed with his legs and spun his body around to break the left front leg and almost severe it completely. the giant bear screamed in pain before Velios managed to push and roll himself away to create some distance and finally get some time to breath and think, but that's when he saw it.
Not only had he broken the front left leg, but without realising it himself he had almost accidentally taken off the whole leg plus a little extra. The entirety of the front left side of the bear had suffered with multiple open wounds and deformities. Velios must have broken more than just the bone of the left leg, but also the bones closest connected to it aswell as atleast one dislocation, the bear couldn't even attack if it wanted to, let alone defend itself anymore. But what would Velios do with it now? Leave it be or end it out of it's missery?
He slowly got his body to a standing position and just thought about what he had done. Even in his old life he had only got the chance to take on bears in a full out brawl 2 times and barely won both. He had wrestled them many times before but that was only "sparring" compared to the battles of death he had two times. This time however he didn't need to sense anything, he could almost as much as smell what had happened. The bear kept going from completely quiet to full on roaring so loudly it felt like Velioss ears were going to fall off. As soon as he had seen the bear in its current state, he was comitted to making it out alive and not running, as if he could. He could only barely fathom the amount of stress that he put on his body with all this new training, it was basically like he was a beginner again.

He was lucky that he managed to produce so much power in his state just because of the situations. When humans are faced with either life or death, their strength and undying will truly shines and becomes unrivaled. The stability and strength in the bears left front side was completely gone, it couldn't even move anymore and the blood flowing out couldn't be stopped. With that large of a body, it would certainly take longer, but it would eventually die either way from blood loss. He realised something, all this time, his vision was blurry which meant that he couldn't really see. He had just thought that he had broken the bones because that is what he saw. But when his vision began to clear up, what he saw truly shocked him, gave him goosebumbs and made him chiver out of fear. How was any human ever allowed to attain so much power?