Chapter 78 - Inhuman Scream

The king knew it was a futile effort to try to scream or shout. The barrier made it almost impossible for competitors to hear words clearly, and if the information got out that the person fighting the first battalion dragon knight captain was none other than the masked man who left the king in such a critical state, it would certainly cause uproar and concern. Everyone looking was so interested and shocked by the fight to notice just how impressive Bhautik's opponent actually was. The fight was going so fast that barely anybody could react and see what was happening. It was apparent that the longer the fight had gone on, the stronger Soilev had gotten while Bhautik had begun almost slowing down. The king was worried but had no choice but to put all of his trust in the strongest individual he knew.

Bhautik had suddenly increased in speed and found an opening to attack from. He stopped his body so rapidly and with so much force that the ground below him started cracking more and more. With all his power, speed, and might, he threw a hook to the side of Velios's head. It was like time had started moving just a little bit slower for Bhautik, with each fraction of a second during the punch feeling like several seconds. It was as if he could clearly see exactly what was going to happen. At the speed and power he had thrown his punch with, the most Velios could hope for was to block it, and even then, the most likely scenario would be that Velios would fall just short and have his head decapitated by a single swift motion. Bhautik was so close to victory; he could smell it, feel it, and already envision how he was going to celebrate after the match. So why did he get a feeling that he would fall short? That it would come to nothing?

What followed was a massive explosion that covered the whole zone within the barrier. Even with the noise being kept to a minimum by the barrier, the sound could have been heard throughout the whole underground city. Some individuals present described it as an earthquake, or that they could feel the cave itself shaking. The massive smoke cloud was still covering the arena, creating a feeling of suspense that they had never felt before. As the dust and smoke slowly ceased, it became apparent what the result was, but everyone was left baffled at the outcome. None were entirely sure of what they saw, and even Freya and Shiva had no clue about what happened at that moment. Both of them could clearly see Bhautik throwing his most powerful attack, and yet, what appeared from behind the coverage of smoke was something no one had expected.

They were both in the center of the arena, with one of them completely unconscious and the other being the only reason the other hadn't already fallen to the ground. Bhautik's and Velios's entire left arms were missing. Velios's other hand was sticking out from the other side of Bhautik's body, right at where his heart would be. Velios's hand was the only reason the wounded dragon knight captain hadn't fallen yet. Bhautik's unconscious body, unable to properly rest with Velios's arm still in the hole that went right through his body. The both of them were equally covered in blood and injuries, and Velios was slowly healing his arm. For every second that passed, nothing more seemed to happen in the fight. It was as if that attack had ended it all. The crowd was completely speechless at the sight of the two of them. Blood was continuously gushing through the open hole in Bhautik's body, and his feet were only barely able to touch the ground, now completely covered in his blood.

Multiple people's reaction was to either scream, shout, or something of the like. Instead, none of them were able to. The king was completely shattered, realizing that it was all over and that the victor had most likely been decided. Not even he wanted to believe that it truly was the end, but his eyes kept telling him nothing but the truth. He wanted it to be a lie, a dream, a bad nightmare, but it was far too real for him. The only person who might have stood a chance against the masked man, their last hope and the king's final ace, had fallen right before his eyes. He, along with the other spectators, watched as Velios slowly dragged his arm backward, letting more and more blood gush right out of his body as he fell down to his knees before hitting the ground face first, with his head slowly rolling to the side and his full body lying completely still in a huge puddle of his own blood. Velios coldly stood there, watching as the dragon drew its last breaths and then eventually died. He switched his gaze towards his right hand, covered in the blood of the valiant and brave dragon, slowly beginning to fall and join the blood that was already on the ground.