Chapter 77 - Dragon Knight Bhautik

He tried to stay calm, but it was definitely a fact that he was irritated. He knew better than anyone that he couldn't lose his cool from a simple sentence. Velios saw how angry his opponent got from it, and he could sense that the fighting was going to begin soon. What Velios hadn't realized, however, was just how complacent he had become while fighting. The last time he faced something so difficult that he thought he was actually going to die was Osiris, one of the most intelligent monsters he had ever faced. Even before then, he had many near-death experiences that he somehow managed to dodge. The bear attack could have crushed his skull; Vadh got his whole arm through Velios' chest, and he would have been dead if it weren't for unlocking a new skill. The fight against Kaala had almost crushed his body with a single landed attack, and he could feel how it was a memorable experience. The last thing Velios was not going to be able to ever forget was the time he had fought one of the ten sovereigns.

All the different emotions he had felt that day were something that had only happened once in his entire life. That was the day he had felt the most human. Right now, Velios had strayed even further from the emotions of a normal human. Velios had fought the king and was completely fine. The king said himself that he was the strongest dragon as well. What he hadn't accounted for was probably the fact that no one would actually fight seriously against the king if they were stronger than him. If things continued as they did, Velios would only proceed to get stronger while losing his emotions even further. It would be no different than who he was before. Velios had become far too complacent. He had now developed a habit of even underestimating his enemy while fighting, and he could barely feel the fun in it anymore. All those times he had enjoyed fighting were when he was being pushed to his physical and mental limits, and only then did he actually grow and expand his fighting capability. He had grown far too complacent, and he would have to pay the price gravely. If Velios was going to have a moment where he was going to understand what fighting truly meant, it would be right here.

The dragon suddenly began launching at Velios but then disappeared. Velios couldn't even sense where it was anymore. It was so fast that his senses couldn't distinguish where it was at the correct time. Velios could only faintly hear the cheering from the crowd as they knew the fight had finally started for real. Suddenly, the dragon appeared in front of Velios. With no time to react, the most he could do was to try and shield up, but even then, he knew that the damage was going to be devastating. The knight captain threw a punch so fast that Velios wasn't even able to see it. The only reason Velios could tell that he had been hit was because of the damage he took. His whole arm had been severed by a single attack, and it looked like it was only the beginning. Even though Velios could easily regrow lost limbs thanks to his skills, he didn't even truly know if it was going to be enough. Velios couldn't see him, but he suddenly got hit once again. He didn't know how many hits it was, and he couldn't see a single one of them, but he knew that he had been hit by the fact that his body was sent flying into the barrier.

Blood gushed through multiple spots on Velios' body as multiple of his limbs had been severed; he had been punched through his body and had multiple holes that could be used to see the wall behind him. Velios realized only at that point that he had finally found what he had looked like. He also realized how complacent he had become with a part of his training. His training lacked proper hand-to-hand training, which made his actual technique suffer. Velios didn't bother actually healing anymore. He started maniacally laughing, which could be heard throughout the stadium while blood was dripping from his body, creating a huge puddle below him. His damaged arms were hanging from the rest of his body, and his back was slouched just a little. The more he laughed, the more his back leaned backward, and the more he laughed, his bent arms were slowly raising into the air. Velios suddenly rushed back towards Bhautik with speed that no other dragon except him was able to see. Velios would only proceed to chase after him, trying his best to land even a single hit on him.