Drama Llama

I thought I'd be asleep until the next morning, yet the dream had caused me to wake up just after midnight. I still felt sleepy, but not enough to fall asleep right away so I climbed out of bed and put on slippers to stop the cold floor from making contact with my bare feet. I couldn't blame anyone but myself for missing dinner earlier on as my stomach rumbled, so I settled for some Cheerios I found tucked in one of the cupboards.

It tastes much better than I expected but that was probably because I was feeling quite hungry. Would Mum be awake now? She was three hours behind, so I grabbed my phone to ring her however she didn't pick up even after the second ring. I contemplated ring her a third time, then decided she was either asleep and would call in the morning, or her phone was in another room for some reason and she'd be calling back in five minutes.

I waited patiently, eating my cereal and eyeing the phone for each of the five minutes though she never called back so I assumed she was asleep. Her sleeping schedule was all over the place so I wasn't overly surprised that she had not picks up or rang back. I sighed, debating on how I should pass time so I could feel tired enough to fall asleep again. After I finished my food, I opted for reading; when I first arrived to the apartment the huge beanbag with a lamp hanging over had caught my attention and i figured it was a perfect place to snuggle and dive into a book.

The good thing was that it was right beside the bed so I could easily lift my self into bed when I felt close to sleeping. Switching on the lamp, I sat down, half drowning in the oversized bag before making myself comfortable. I had taken one of the books I managed to pack in my suitcase, and plunged myself into it's enthralling plot.

The alarm I set blared as it hit it's time, forcing my eyes to snap open. Realising I'd fallen asleep in the beanbag with the lamp still on, I pulled myself out of its snug grips and stretched. After hearing a few satisfying clips, I headed to the toilet as I forced my eyes to stay open. I wasn't sure what time exactly I slept, but I did remember trying to focus on the book rather than sleeping.

It just happened that when I began pampering my face with skincare products, I found the small key I'd used to enter my apartment on the first night glinting at me as it's metallic surface reflected the light. So this was where I had left it, I rolled my eyes at how stupid I'd been to have placed it in the bathroom amongst all places. I made a metal not to put it in my bag so that I could return it back to Harper first thing.

A series of light knocks showered the the front door once I'd finished prepping and changed, and I rushed to open it thinking that Tori may be checking in on me before work. Only it wasn't her and Dakota instead, greeting me with an amused grin and a little salute, "morning," I replied with the same, "guessing you thought it would be Viccy here, not me." "I guess so." I told him.

"Tori's usually busy in the mornings, yesterday being an exception because she was assigned as your tour guide, so she said I could be your escort as your still new around here. Also, we work in the same department so I figured why the hell not," My eyebrows raised at his mini explanation, "ready to go?" "Yes- wait hang on, I need to get my shoes on." He chuckled and stood waiting as I slipped on shoes and took my bag, and then we headed to our department for my first day of work.

It went better than I hoped and Dakota helped navigate me across everything I was supposed to do. Although he said most people preferred to work alone, work partners were also an option, and I was more than happy to work with him. We got done what we needed to, but not without his light humour to entertain us along the way. Unbeknownst to me until after he'd explained it, new employees worked their first week part time, meaning my day would end after lunch time, much like yesterday.

"Feeling all better?" He asked at one point, although the aches were present, they'd dulled considerably since the first day had passed. It was always worse on the first day, so I'd told him I felt better. It was true for the most part, nothing I couldn't handle or deal with so I was fine working.