The Final Arc - Prologue

"Tell me why!" Celios shouted angrily at X Rosie, "Why do you wish to do this?!"

The two stood across from each other as the sunset upon the small village they resided along the streets of, holding their weapons out towards each other. X Rosie glared at Celios with her devilish red eyes, thinking nothing more of her than an inconvenience. Her plasma sword let out small sparks of energy, likewise, Celios's Staff of Time was reflective of the sun.

"I will not let you destroy this universe for you own personal gain!" Celios stated, "This is not how you're going to save your world." X Rosie didn't respond, her eyes lowered with anger and regret.

"If you plan to kill me, then there is something I must tell you, or perhaps you already know," she spoke, "There is a being greater than you or me, planning to erase all life in the multiverse. You must find their followers and put a stop to them." Celios lowered her eyebrows, not quite ready to trust her.

"And why should I trust you?" she asked, "I gave you that power to Reset your timeline as many times as you needed, and you abused it to the point of wanting control." X Rosie smirked, seeing there was no getting through to her with her words.

"Heh," she began, "You don't have to. You'll just see for yourself, in time." A gust of smoke zoomed by, and just like that, X Rosie had vanished from Celios's sight. Celios averted her eyes toward the sky, doubting what X Rosie said. She had somewhat of an idea of what she meant, but it was too soon to jump to conclusions, and her idea was rather farfetched.

"No, it couldn't be," she spoke to herself, "Locus..."