Chapter two

After awards had been given out, and she, Taylor, and everyone else had performed their hit songs, Winnie made her way over toward a drunkenly dancing Taylor.

"Hi! It's so good to talk to you again! I'm a huge fan as I'm.. sure you've seen" she said, tapping on the dancing queen's back. 

"heyyyy" Taylor slurred out "How are you? I hope you're doing better! It's been so long since you were like 10 the last time we talked! Anyway, I have a proposition for you." "I, am going on tour for the first time in five fucking years! Can you fucking believe that? Sorry, I probably shouldn't swear around you."

Who does she think I am? A child?

"Wow, also no you're totally fine! I can handle it," I whisper-screamed, my heart pounding with excitement, trying not to leak the surprise. "But anyways, OH MY GOD, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE GOING ON TOUR!" I let out a delighted gasp, barely containing my emotions. "I mean, I went to the Reputation tour, and it was hands down the greatest night of my life! I remember saving up a crazy amount of money back then, feeling like a broke kid trying to chase a dream. But now, things have changed, and I'm not holding back - I am absolutely, without a doubt, going to opening night!"

"Well, I can for certain say that you're going to be there opening night!"

My heart pounded in my chest like a drum as I watched her giggle at my shocked expression. I had no clue what she was planning but it shot my nerves up to an all-time high. It felt like I was balancing on a tightrope suspended between exhilaration and pure anxiety 

"Oh my god, are you giving me tickets? Because I can't say yes to that, I've wanted to go to opening night with my own ticket, paid for by my own money my whole life and I just can't-"

"no" she cut me off mid-rambling "No, that's not it, I was wondering if you'd like to join Gracie Abrams and Phoebe Bridgers as one of the openers on the tour! You'd join us for the full U.S. leg. The first show is in Glendale Arizona on March 17th, and the final show is in Los Angeles California on August ninth.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD ARE YOU SERIOUS?" I screamed, drawing the attention of every single table around us. This was the thing that Swifties fell asleep dreaming about. Things that they read fanfictions about, not something that actually happens.

Winnie's eyes widened with a mixture of shock and exhilaration. "Wait, are you serious? You're inviting me to come with you? Touring all over the ENTIRE country? Opening the shows? With MY FUCKING SONGS?" Her voice quivered with excitement as if she could almost feel her heart thumping under her skintight dress.

"Yes of course! The second I heard your music I knew I had to bring you with me to open with your FUCKING SONGS!" Taylor giggled while rubbing the girl's back in an attempt to calm her down

"So will you?" Taylor said, amused at how enthusiastic the girl was

"YES YES YES, A THOUSAND TIMES YES" Winnie screamed out loud, jumping up and down in circles

"Ok great! Rehearsals start the-" Taylor began, but was abruptly cut off by Winnie throwing her arms around the older woman. It felt as if her whole life, she had been waiting. Maybe not specifically for this, but this feeling. She couldn't quite place her finger on it, but she had been waiting for it her entire life. She felt.. oddly special like Taylor had been thinking of her while they didn't talk. Like she worried about her.

Taylor rocked the girl back and forth on her feet, reminiscing about her worry for the girl when she was younger. How she'd wish she could do something for the poor little girl, crying out for help. How she'd wonder how she lived, with an absent father and a horrid mother.

rubbing her back, and comforting her for all the years she wished away, trying to escape, somehow find a way out. Trying to make herself the world's biggest star, so that one day she could pack her bags and leave, running far far away.

"I love you, you, you inspired me to do everything I'm doing. I literally don't know where'd I be without you"

"I'm so proud of you honey"

-flash forward 1 week-

The one and only

Hi yall! I added you all to a group chat, it's Winnie Cooper, Phoebe Bridgers, and Gracie Abrams. Considering you guys are touring across the country together, I thought you guys would wanna get lunch sometime. I'm free whenever you guys are. Also, introduce yourself!

Pepe bridgers

Hi! I'm Phoebe and I'm 28, this is crazy.

Abraham Lincoln

Hi! I'm Gracie, I'm 23, and I literally cannot believe this is happening

Me

Bro, is this an alcoholics anonymous meeting? What?

Me

Ok sorry sorry, my names Winnie, I'm 15 and I am literally losing my shit being in a group chat with the three of you this shit is wack.

Pepe bridge

HELPPP, but anyway lmao, I'm free Wednesday around 12ish, but my schedule is flexible I can switch shit around.

Abraham Lincoln

I'm here giggling alone in my room over that, but yeah 12 Wednesday works w me

Me

Same here, where do u guys wanna go? I'm really new in LA I don't know any good places.

The one and only

We could go to Nobu! its sooo good

Pepe Bridge

Sure! See you guys then, I'm so excited to leave the house, I'm so done

Abraham Lincoln

me too girl, see you then

A/N

Hi guys! i hope your liking the new book! plz remember to vote. Its 3 AM and i need to take a shit. she just played exile and i want to km. I decided that the phone would be in winnies pov but that's it. Im eating mcdnalds nad i keep having to remind myself that its not against the fucking law to eat something with more than five fucking calories.