3

Coffee... Coffee...
Eddy feels like a zombie when he finally dares to show his face outside his room.
He hasn't slept well, no surprise there, so now he has a headache and dark lines under his eyes that stretch out to his neck. He feels haggard and wrung out.

He's heard the front door slammed shut, so he assumes Brett has gone out or something.
Now is his chance to get some caffeine into himself.
He flips the switch of the water cooker, waiting grumpily for it to boil, when Brett scares the living daylight out of him by appearing in the kitchen entrance.

Brett leans against the door frame, not looking any better than Eddy does, his arms crossed.
"Eddy. Talk to me."

Eddy looks up at him through hooded eyes.
"I thought you went out." He says feebly.

"Yes. That's what you were supposed to think. Otherwise you wouldn't have come out of your room, right?"

Brett knows him too well.

"Now talk to me. I can see you are still mad. Is it me being bi-sexual that you are so mad about? Or the fact that I didn't tell you?"

"That's part of it, yes. You know I don't give a fuck about you being bi-sexual, but I do that you left me in the dark about it. It could have changed things so much."

"Okay. I can see that. Maybe I should have told you. It's not that I didn't want to. I guess there wasn't just a right time for it." Brett runs a hand through his hair. "But you say that's only part of it? Is it that I hired sex?"

"Yes."
The man from yesterday comes into Eddy's mind, making him wince.

"Eddy..." Brett hesitates. "You know I can't pick up someone like when we were in uni. I don't want to jeopardise TwoSet. But I am just a man, you know. I have physical needs. I'm not a-sexual like you. I need..."

"WHAT?" Eddy spits fire. "WHO said anything about me being a-sexual?!"

Brett recalls from the sudden outburst, his eyes opened wide.
"I... I just thought... you, never having any girlfriends... or boyfriends for that matter... and you never talk about any of it..." he stammers.

"You dickhead! In no universe I am a-sexual!" he pierces Brett with his glare, his eyes dark and clouded. Then he blinks a few times and sighs shakily. He lowers his head, eyebrows pinched together and looks through his eyelashes at Brett.
"I'm more like B-sexual."
It sounds like a confession, and it is. He look away for a long moment, then eyes him from the side.
Is Brett going to pick up on this?

A few seconds pass, the silence stretching between them.
"Bi-sexual?" Brett tries cautiously then.

Eddy shakes his head.
"Unbelievable. Why do I even bother."
He rushes past Brett, leaving his coffee for what it is and locks himself in his bedroom again. There he slides to the ground, his back against the door and starts to sob softly.
"You bastard." He whispers softly towards the door, knowing it isn't really Brett's fault or anything, but it hurts the same.