5

The minute the lock clicks, Brett pulls the door open so quickly that Eddy loses his balance and falls forward. He never touches the ground though, because Brett has already caught him and holds him tight in his arms.

"Eddy... The B! Does it stand for my name? For Brett?" he whispers urgently in his ear.

Eddy sobs. He can't. He just can't.

"Please?"

No, how can he ask this of him? He's kept it to himself for so long. He can't just say it like that, can he?
He looks at Brett and sees the chasm before him. One road leads is brightly lit and at the end of the road stands Brett, the other leads into darkness and loneliness. He has to say it out loud to get to the light. He needs to, or things will never change.
Finally he gives in and nods curtly, tears streaming now out of his eyes.

Before he knows what's happening Brett's hands enclose his face and he is pulled in. He stops with just inches between them. Is it a question? He can only look at him. Then Brett kisses hard, on his lips.
Eddy stops crying in shock, and before he can really think about it, his body takes over and he kisses him back.

"Oh, Eddy!"
Brett shifts his head to get a better angle and deepens the kiss, prying Eddy's lips open and crashing his tongue inside. Eddy can't but follow his lead. It doesn't feel real, but he'll take the mirage happily.
When they finally part, they are both breathless.

"Brett?" Eddy asks in a daze. Did they really kiss?

"I never knew. I never..." There is some wetness in Brett's words, a tear on the side of his eye shining. "Please know that I wanted you. Only you! I never thought that you might want me too. I never, ever, wanted to hurt you. Never."

Eddy looks at him. What is he saying? This can't be happening for real?
"What?" he manages in the end. "But since when?"

"A long time, Eddy. A very long time."

"But yesterday... That man? It wasn't the first time he was here, now was it?!"

Brett doesn't answer that. How can he? How can he speak of his longing to hold Eddy and then look for it in someone else, a stranger. But he needs to clarify why he did it, doesn't he?
In the end he can only ask another question.
"Why do you think that escort looked a lot like you?" he says almost shyly.

Eddy's eyes become big. Well, with a lot of imagination he might have looked like a prettier version of himself, maybe?

"I never thought that I could have you, the real thing, so I searched for something that was a bit alike." Brett says honestly. "If only in looks then. That's what I did, Eddy. He's the one who looks most like you." He clears his throat and looks at him through his eyelashes. "But... Do you mean it? Do you really like me?"

Eddy shakes his head sideways. What is left to hide now Brett has been so open? He might as well tell him everything as well.
"I have known for years now that I only have eyes for you, Brett. That's when I started telling myself that I was B-sexual. So, no, I don't just like you. I love you. Always have and always will."
He heaves a small sigh.
"When you know this, can you imagine seeing the love of your life in the arms of another man? I snapped."

"The love of your life?" Brett whispers in wonder. A cute blush rises on his cheeks.

Eddy looks him in the eye and nods decisively.
Brett hugs him so hard that he feels his heart pounding through his shirt.

"Oh, Eddy. I'm so sorry. I never wanted someone else than you. I should have never done this." he says with true remorse.
"But if you really mean this, Eddy, I'm never letting you go. You understand? Never!"

Eddy breathes shakily in and out and nods. The chasm is long gone, only a yellow brick road towards his love remains.
"Yes, I do." It feels so good to say it finally. "You know he took the parking lot too? That bastard." But he finally smiles.

They both giggle. The pain subsides, a new reality takes shape.

"But you love me? For real?" Brett asks again, as if he can't believe what he's heard still.

"Yes, you oblivious bastard. I do."

"Look who's talking! You never picked up on my feelings either!" Brett grins.
But all the hiding of his feelings is forgotten now, he will never lie to him again.
"I love you too, Eddy. Much more than you can imagine. Now let me show you how much."

Brett picks up Eddy in one fluent movement, his arms under his shoulders and legs and starts walking towards the bed carrying Eddy bridal style.
Oh, he will show him alright.
There will never be any need to hire someone again, ever.

--------------------------
A/N: thank you all for reading. I've had the idea of Eddy walking in on Brett having sex for a very long time and am glad I've finally written it down.
Big thanks to proofreader-sama who helped to get this story even better to read.