Dazai

I rise from the bed, my chest rising and falling rapidly. I had just awoken from a nightmare. Chuuya had gone to fight the Armed Detective Agency, I waited and waited but he never came back home. Home? This is not home. I look down at the sheets, how the edge delicately bunched up at my waist. Their wine-red color had reminded me of something. I get up from the bed land take a look at the nightstand. A little less than half full bottle of wine and a cheese platter sat there. He must have invited me over for a drink last night.

My head was throbbing. I look down at myself, filled with relief when I saw myself fully clothed. What If he had put my clothes back on me? What if we had sex?! A feeling of dread washed over me. I frantically looked around the room looking for signs that anything had happened. Then, I saw it. In the corner next to Chuuya's side of the bed lay a pile of his clothes.

A feeling of utter horror washed over me. I never would have consented to that. How could he have done that to me! Sure, we were both lovers but we had become official so recently. I wasn't ready to be so intimate with him. I was absolutely infuriated with him.

"CHUUYA!" I called out

There was no response. I walked out into the main living space of his apartment trying to find him. I noticed the bathroom door was shut. I walked over to the door and knocked softly on it. Once again, there was no response. I thrust the bathroom door open, the base of it loudly hitting the door stopper mounted into the baseboard. No Chuuya to be seen. I walk back into the hallway and look up at the clock. 3:27.