4.

JOE'S P.O.V.: at one point through the day, I had to come back to my house. I saw Sophie and our girls playing in the living room so I walked in to join them.

Joe: hi babies! (I said and my oldest daughter ran to me to hug me) I missed you and your sister so incredibly much, you have no idea

Sophie: and what about me? (She asked with a frown and a smile that caused me to smile too before walking to her)

Joe: I missed you too Sophie, really (I pecked her lips and she grabbed my hand)

Sophie: is there something going on with you? I can feel that something's off...you can tell me anything

Joe: um, we met Demi on a coffee shop today, you know, we were there eating and she casually entered

Sophie: I see, was everything alright?

Joe: not really, she looked kinda drained (she nodded and bit her lip)

Sophie: so you think she's using again? (I shrugged and bit my lip)

Joe: I really hope she isn't. I can't imagine how hard her life must be, she's spent half of her life with this shitty diseases. Drugs, alcohol, food. It makes me so mad like why can't she have a normal life once for all?

Sophie: I hope she could

Joe: I'm not even mad at her of course, it's not her fault. But damn, can't God help her become healthy? It's frustrating (I said and felt tears fighting to come out my eyes)

Sophie: hey hey, it's okay, she'll find a way to be okay, don't worry (she said and hugged me tightly)

Joe: she was so thin Soph, you are thin you know, but like naturally, she was probably like you...and you know, she looked just like she used to when she was going through the hardest parts of her addiction and eating disorders

Sophie: what about sending help her way?

Joe: she doesn't even want to see her family, that would be impossible. I don't know what else to do, she wouldn't accept anyone in her life

Sophie: and you? Why don't you go and try to talk with her?

Joe: she just don't wanna see anyone

Sophie: how can you know that?

Joe: I just have a feeling (i lied and sighed) however...how are you all?

Sophie: we were perfect, don't worry about us (I nodded and she grabbed both my hands) Joe, if I can suggest anything...I would tell you to go to Demi's and try talking to her. For real.

Joe: what if she doesn't listen?

Sophie: then, it's time to step away knowing you did everything in your power

Joe: thank you for always listening to me, even when this has nothing to do with you (she smiled and pecked my lips softly)

Willa: mommy! (She caught our attention and Sophie kneeled to face her)

I walked upstairs thinking of everything Sophie told me. She was right. She always was. I grabbed the car keys from my pocket and walked downstairs quickly.

Joe: gotta try it, I'll be back soon (I kissed Sophie's mouth passionately and caressed my daughters' heads before leaving)

I drove for a while until reaching her house. There was no light coming from inside, but that didn't stop me trying. So I rang the doorbell again.

Demi: do I have to fucking repeat it? (She said opening the door and I gulped)

Joe: nobody sent me. I just can't see you like this. You're my Dems, I can't simply turn my back on you cause I couldn't forgive myself if we lose you for my faults. So, I'm sorry, I'm gonna stay until we figure everything out. Whatever is going on, we got it (she stared at me blankly before trying to close de door behind her back) damn it! (I said and pushed her into the house with me)

I was instantly welcomed by horrible smells, a completly empty house and a floor full of drugs. I felt my stomach screaming, I felt like throwing up. It was a lot to deal with.

Demi: I don't need you here! Leave me the fuck alone! (She pushed me away to the door and I had a strong feeling in my gut)

I nodded and left the house as she asked me to do. With closed eyes, praying for it to work I walked to my car. I grabbed the keys ready to leave forever when the door opened.

Demi: don't go, I can't do it. I can't do it alone. Don't leave me please...please (she fell to the floor crying out loud and I ran to her thinking I did it)

Joe: I'm here, I won't leave Demi...I won't leave you...never (I kissed her head and helped her get up to enter the house so no one would see us) I need you to...tell me what happened

Demi: I was doing okay but just...last July, I went to a party and someone offered me weed. I smoke it, didn't feel any risk but then I simply took everything they gave me and I couldn't get out of it. I'm sorry I fucked my life up again (she laughed angrily and I shook my head)

Joe: there's still life to be lived (she stared at me for the first real time and I swear I could see her pain) let's...plan something out. Would you mind me calling Nick? I need his help

Demi: Nick? No, I...he...he can't see me like this

Joe: he already has Demi, sorry...but now we need him (she sobbed at my words)

Demi: I guess I officially let everyone down, once again (I caressed her back and shook my head)

Joe: let me call him, and we'll find a way out of this 

It didn't took too long for Nick to get to Demi's house. He moved very differently than me. Just crossing the door, he ran to Demi and hugged her tightly. They both cried out loud and that made me tear up.

Nick: we're together in this Demi. You didn't fail, you just relapsed

Demi: I need you to get out of this (he nodded and grabbed her face gently causing me to frown)

Joe: we should probably start (I said to Nick and he nodded at me)

Nick: Demi, what about moving to your mom's? For a while (she shook her head)

Demi: I don't wanna see them when I look like this (I nodded thinking)

Joe: what about-

Nick: move in with me (he stole my words so I just nodded)

Demi: no, Nick you're married and you have your family

Nick: I guess not yet

Demi: Priyanka is pregnant? (He nodded with a smile and she smiled even bigger) that's amazing...you'll be the best dad ever (I chuckled and grabbed my phone)

Joe: so, move in with Nick and Priyanka while I get to clean this house, and sell it

Demi: sell?

Joe: it works best if you erase any bad memory for your recovery so...yes (she nodded and bit her lip)

Demi: I should probably grab my things

Joe: don't try to fool me with sneaky things, I'll check everything up (she sighed and walked upstairs alone)

Nick: you're doing it okay (I stared at him and bit my lip)

Joe: she only needed you all this time anyways (I sighed in frustration and sat on the couch staring at her mess)

Nick: Joe, that's not the truth

Joe: oh, it is (I bit my lip again and looked at him) take her to yours and check every little thing she takes from here, tomorrow morning I'll send someone to clean the house and I'll do everything to sell it

Nick: what? Are you leaving?

Joe: she already has everything she needs (I pointed at him and left the house)