Catchy Ringtone

(POV: Oscar Campbell, Radio Show Host)

It's been a long day. Answering staged calls, following the script. But you keep getting calls from this conspiracy theorist, and no matter how many numbers you block, it's just him.

He keeps talking about a new species of giant cats, aliens creating humanity and other nonsense like that.

But this time, when he calls, your curiosity gets the best of you. You pick up the phone, put it up to your ear, and then...

"Don't hang up yet, I'm not done."

"Sir, you know all this isn't real, right?"

"I think it's time you knew the truth, Oscar. There are aliens among us. I'm an expert, I know what I'm talking about."

"I'm sorry, who are you?"

"Glad you asked. I'm Dr. Gregory Zachariah MacLeod, from the Pennyway University of Extraterrestrial studies-"

"I'm so sorry, but we don't do that kind of talk show."

"Oh."

And then he hangs up.

(-)

(POV: Gregory MacLeod, conspiracy theorist)

You know you shouldn't have lied about being an expert, but you still know you're right. Just last night you revived Michael Jackson with your friends, and if that's possible, anything is.

You begin to realize that all this work is futile. You're never getting on that show. All you can do is cry in your bed and get over it.

So you devise a plan.

You need to go to your workshop first.