Chapter 5

Sanemi POV

It had only been a day or two since that last mission I was sent out on with flame-head and the master had already called for another meeting. We were all standing in the meeting area, waiting for the master to appear. I heard the other hashira talking.
"Oh don't you think it's odd Rengoku-san?"

"What's so odd about this Kocho? It's just a meeting."

"Ara ara Rengoku-san. Can't you see? This meeting happens right after the last major hashira mission."

"What on earth are you getting at Kocho?"

"Well, the last major hashira mission was yours and Shinagazuwa's. So obviously you both have done something wrong."

I rolled my eyes. That little insect really got under my skin sometimes. What could we have done wrong? My mind flashed to the mission. All I remembered was those two little fuckers. Especially the one with the peach-coloured hair. Motherfucker threw a knife at me.

"Hey Shinagazuwa. You alright?" Obanai was suddenly at my side. He was a good friend but a bigger simp for Mitsuri.
"Oh I'm just thinking about that mission." Obanai frowned.
"What happened during that mission anyway? You came back with a... knife in your arm."
I shuddered. The insect had to pull the knife out of my arm. Hurt like hell.
"The master will probably explain it all." I said. Obanai nodded and walked over to Mitsuri.

"The master has arrived." 
Two of the master's children walked in, leading their father by the hand. 
"Good evening my children. What is the sky like Sanemi?" I coughed in surprise. It was a rare occasion for the master to speak to me first. But it usually meant I was in trouble.
"The sun is almost done setting Master. The sky is beautiful orange and the clouds are tinted pink." The master smiled. "Thank you Sanemi." His face dropped into a more serious expresion.
"Now then, Kyojuro, Sanemi, please step forward." I gulped. So the was about last mission. Nevertheless, I stepped forward and ignored the gazes of the other hashira.
"This meeting would only be with Kyojuro and Sanemi if they had done anything else but this needs to be discussed with all the hashira." The master told us. He then looked back into the dark room behind him and called out, "You can come out now dear." 
A body shuffled out of the room. My eyes widened in recognition. The black haired demon boy!
"You!" I pulled out my sword and pointed it at him. He flinched and hid behind the master.
"What the... it's raining?" I turned round and stared at Obanai. His hand was extended towards the sky. Then I felt it too. Raindrops fell on my head.
"Huh?" It wasn't meant to rain.

"Giyu, my dear, is there any need to be so scared? You know I won't let them hurt you." The master spoke calmly to the demon behind him.
"Uncle, there is enough reason to be scared of someone pointing their sword at you." The master chuckled at the demons words. The master then turned round and picked up the demon, before placing him in his lap and turning to face us again.
"Children, I would like you to meet Kibutsugi Giyu."

Silence.

Giyu POV

The hashira were silent while they processed the information. Uncle Kagaya patted my head and smiled at the hashira. I was currently the size of a child, but when the wind and flame hashira first met me, I was the size of a teenager along with Sabito.
The butterfly hashira was the first to break the silence.
"So that small demon is Kibutsugi Muzan's son!?" I covered my ears at her shout and glared at her.
"Adopted. But yes, I am his son."
The wind hashira finally dropped his sword.
"So I've attacked the demon king's son?"
I nodded. Uncle Kagaya stopped patting my head and rested his hand on my head.
"Giyu here is what I would like to talk about."

"You under no circumstances are to attack or harm him"

680 words