Chapter 7: Goodbyes and moving on

Before Miracule knew, it was Friday the day she was leaving. On the bus she just thought about her friends and everything they went through, this was going to be hard, really hard. To distrack herself she read the paragraph that she wrote for English about the tower of London. At the Tower of London dungeon, hungry rats, as big as skunks, scurry abound in the semi-darkness. Lit only with dying candle flames that cast flickering shadows over the damp grey, ancient stone walls. Anne Boleyn, Queen of England stamping her foot as one tries gnawing at her gold mesh overlay, silver laced, silk shoes; her toes scraping the inside of the leather sole. She sits in the corner upright on her old, wooden chair against the Kentish rag - stone ; burying her face in her palms weeping, how will her beloved daughter cope without her. Her corset under her grey embroidered dress enhances the elegant pleats. Anne's necklace glitters, proudly nestled on her porcelain skin. Iridescent pearls embedded in an ebony headdress, reflecting the dying candle's flame. The king's guards surrounding the outside of the cell. Dull, and dented, their pewter-like steel amour, "clink, clonk, clink, clonk, " as they deliberately pace back and forth. Prisoners are pleading their innocence to be spared, a dreaded scream cuts through the quiet air of the fortress.

However, four hundred and eighty-seven years later, flickering candles are replaced by blazing lights filling the flint grey, timeworn walls of the bastille. The Tower of London is packed with thousands of vibrant tourists who parade through the castle, children running around the corner with shrieks of laughter echoing around the spacious room. The elderly's cameras flashing and iphones are glued to hands like another appendage. People roam in a kaleidoscope of colours, oversized, funky t- shirts and loose mom jeans, the elderly wear tattered button down shirts and blouses with loose frayed sweatpants and baggy skirts. Displaying their meaningful, multicoloured body art full of memories and stories. The various piercings of ears, noses and bellies are shiny, like modern day armour. Today the polished armour stands peacefully in a case, washed away is the blood of their enemies. History has preserved this extraordinary relic.

But at the end of the day after all the commotion has disappeared, the Beefeaters take off their helmets, switch off the light, after the thousands of footprints mark the Kentish rag - stone. The lives of the past are gently rocked into a slow, peaceful, hibernation. The tower sits the same again, awaiting tomorrow's echo.

Once Miracuale got off the bus, she ran to the group spot and eloped her best friends into a huge,tight,hug. The girls were wistful while they walked through the somber to their last dance lesson together. The girls who were clingy all not leaving eachothers side for more than ten minutes at most, they were distraught that day was over far too quickly for them and Miracule's lilking.The tears that were currently falling from the eyes quickly became sobs, which resulating the girls to start weeping. It was hard for Miracule to say goodbye. Eventurly the four Lady's wings stuttered a farewell. After Miracule got home she ran upstairs to quickly change into a some activewear and her bruised tap shoes; she practiced and practiced her just incase addution dance for Emberglow dance acdamey the most elite dance in America. Her dances was to Control by Hasley. A couple of hours later, after dinner, she was upstairs reading the federalist papers by John Jay, James Madison, and Alexander Hamilton.

Federalist No. 1

General Introduction

For the Independent Journal.

Author: Alexander Hamilton

To the People of the State of New York:

AFTER an unequivocal experience of the inefficiency of the subsisting federal government, you are called upon to deliberate on a new Constitution for the United States of America. The subject speaks its own importance; comprehending in its consequences nothing less than the existence of the UNION, the safety and welfare of the parts of which it is composed, the fate of an empire in many respects the most interesting in the world. It has been frequently remarked that it seems to have been reserved to the people of this country, by their conduct and example, to decide the important question, whether societies of men are really capable or not of establishing good government from reflection and choice, or whether they are forever destined to depend for their political constitutions on accident and force. If there be any truth in the remark, the crisis at which we are arrived may with propriety be regarded as the era in which that decision is to be made; and a wrong election of the part we shall act may, in this view, deserve to be considered as the general misfortune of mankind.