Chapter 1.

Chapter 1.

“W-Why would you... Why did you paid my debt for m-me?”

A shaky voice came out from the mouth of a skinny boy, dirty and shabby, clothes tattered and tore up, hair messy and tangled, while looking scared. He looks awful, pitiful, and scubby.

He looks scared, probably become of the state from this little girl, who was centimeters taller than him, looking at him stoically.

“Why?”

She asked back with stern voice, making the little boy take a step back and curled up his shoulders, making him even smaller on top of his already small physique. The little girl did not pay attention to the boy's reaction. She just winced and continued speaking 

“Because you are pitiful, what else.” She said mockingly as if it was obvious, she turned around to not see the boy looking up at her and spoke. “You can pay me back in the future if it burdens you." She said and started walking away.

The boy, not knowing the difference between rhetorical statements to sarcasm, had his eyes twinkled from unknown compassion and nodded his head vigorously.

Uhm! Promise!”

The little girl acted indifferently, thinking lightly of the boy's promise, but the little boy, who recently lost his reason to live, finally had a reason to continue his life.

"Haaaysss." 

The little girl didn't know, but that one single promise is what made this person worked his butt off so hard, the term 'successful' is not enough to describe his achievements in life.

"I was indeed pitiful that time..." 

Ani ni Huxinne sa sarili niya Sabah sandal ng likod sa sandalan ng swivel chair niya. Sinandal niya ang ulo niya sa headrest saka tumitig sa kisame ng kaniyang penthouse. Inaalala niya ang una at huling pagkikita nila ng batang babae na tumulong sa kaniya noon.

'Thinking about it now, she must be a daughter of a really rich family or from a royal family descents if she could pay that much debt easily.'

Maagang naulila si Huxinne ng magulang niya. Ngunit hindi lang kalungkutan ang binigay ng magulang niya sa pagpanaw ng mga ito, ngunit utang din sa mga taong hindi niya kakilala.

Because he was just 8 years old when his parents died, and immediately after, some unknown dudes sold him off to human-trafficker to pay for his parents unpaid dues.

Fortunately or not, he was able to escape, only to be caught and got beaten up by grown-ass men. It was that moment when he thought he was about to die in pain, when a little girl and her bodyguard rescued him.

“What the hell are you doing to him?”

“Just because of some debt? How much was it? I'll pay it.”

“Now, get lost or I will do what you did to that boy.”

"Ha-hahaha." 

Hindi niya mapigilang matawa. Kahit lagpas dalawang dekada na ang nakakalipas, tandang-tanda niya pa rin ang pagtataray ng batang babae sa mga taong balak siyang ibenta.

She was really brave and sassy for her age, maybe her courage came from the fact that she had a bodyguard, but such display of braveness was something too amazing for Huxinne, who was skinny, scared, and weak at that time, to witness.

Napapikit siya ng mga mata habang nakangiti at inaalala ang itsura ng babae sa ala-ala niya. 

He knew that by now, the face of the girl would have changed, she must have gotten taller either. But he can't help but to want to see her again.