ch.1 || bad blood

Author's note!

❁ short fanfiction

❁ written in English

❁ characters inserted in the story may be ooc

❁ above all else, I sincerely hope you take great joy in reading ^^

⁠෴

Student Council Unraveled: Pres & Vice Pres in Disarray?

"I'm not surprised you made it to the school's paper." Nilou points at the paper you were clutching and reading frantically.

"And it's the headline too..." You slowly sink into your seat as your eyes read the title over and over again.

"Look, I know Charlotte is a great journalist and all but did—" You paused, peering across the cafeteria before leaning closer to your friends. "But did she really have to put this as the headline?"

"You and Scaramouche are always the talk in school even without the article," Dehya emphasized and you could only pout as you were not in any position to deny that because it was true.

"I'm actually curious too," Nilou comments. "For two people who are responsible to lead this school, why don't you get along with each other?" She adds.

It was no secret that there was bad blood between the president and the vice president of the student council.

No one knows why you seem to get on each other's nerves all the time.

As the president and vice president of the student council, you were meant to be the perfect example of a well-functioning team. But for some unknown reason, the two of you never saw eye-to-eye. Whether it's a disagreement over a matter or a battle of egos, you rarely get along and often both clash in front of the rest of the student body.

Yet there was only one thing they both agreed on and it was: finding each other insufferable.

Even if it's the simplest thing, you will find them bickering over it. Camaraderie couldn't be found in their dynamic, it was always the opposite.

"Is there supposed to be a reason? We just don't!" You shrugged.

The two sighed in sync. "Well, have you ever thought about it?" Dehya prods.

"About what?"

"You and the vice pres getting along?" Nilou snickered at Dehya. "Sounds impossible to me." She mumbles lowly but loud enough for you to hear.

"That sharp tongue of his gets on my nerves every time." You meant every word. There was always a terrible feeling in the pit of your stomach after any encounter with Scaramouche. May it be in the council room or the hallway— just seeing him ruins your day.

"Talking behind my back as always, Pres." 

Speaking of the devil himself...

Silence suddenly shrouded your table as Scaramouche stopped by, you recognized the two boys beside him — Kazuha and Heizou.

"You think I have a sharp tongue? I just say it like it is. It's not really my problem if you can't handle it." He said mockingly, a sly smirk plastered on his porcelain face.

"Maybe that brain of yours could use some honing as well." You replied with a sickeningly sweet smile, making it seem like you were only talking about student council matters from everyone else's perspective.