ch. 5 || end game

The much anticipated day had finally arrived, the school festival was in full swing, with the campus bustling with excitement and glee. The morning kicked off with a lively parade, featuring colorful floats and cheerful performances by various school clubs. The marching bands played cheerful tunes, setting the stage for a day filled with laughter and camaraderie.

As the day progressed, the festival grounds came alive with a myriad of activities. Everywhere you looked, there were students laughing, participating in various activities, and indulging in the booths prepared by each class.

"Scara, look! " you dragged him into one of the food stalls. "I heard from Layla that these were delicious, do you want some?" you nearly drooled at the sight of the displayed Churros that was in the shape of a heart.

He nodded at you before turning to the vendor, whom you recognized as Xiangling. "Hello, love birds! If you avail these heart-shaped Churros, you get to choose any dip you want!" she introduces in a high spirit, presenting a bunch of dips— chocolate, cream, and matcha.

"You choose, love." a tinge of red spread across your cheeks. This was the first time he called you by a nickname in public, especially in front of someone else, and you couldn't hold back a smile.

"I-I'll have the matcha please." the polite girl took note of that, preparing your order right away. Scaramouche played with your hand that he was holding, swinging it back and forth.

"Ow! We might hit someone." he chuckles at that. "So? Come on babe, I've been holding back." You were pretty sure your face looks like a tomato now and it's all because of him, not that you disliked it though.

After your order was served, you shared the Churros with Scaramouche clumsily, resulting in the dip spreading on your cheek.

"Oi!" you pointed at the said spot. "Sorry, your majesty," he says jokingly before wiping it away with a tissue.

Despite wanting to get revenge on him, you both decided to return to your duties. As the president and vice president, you were in charge of overseeing the festival. Your chest swelled with a sense of pride once again. The countless hours of planning and hard work to make this event a reality came to life.

And on top of that, you were no longer hidden in the shadows or concealed behind a facade, your affection for each other was now visible for the world to see. And it felt good.

"Wow, they're having a blast." you turned to where Scaramouche was looking, the dance team on the stage was performing and the audience was engrossed in the performance with some even dancing along.

"You're right," you replied, nudging his arm playfully. "And that's all thanks to you, Vice Pres. You organized a fantastic lineup despite not agreeing with my plan..." he laughs upon seeing you pouting.

"If you keep on pouting, I'm going to kiss you right here." you pull your lips into a straight line and he giggles at your reaction.

"I couldn't have done it without you as well, Pres. You were the driving force behind all of this." you smiled when he returned the compliment.

As you continued to walk through the festival grounds, you tried to avoid looking at the mouthwatering delights that the food stalls were offering. This wasn't how you planned to empty your wallet...

"Y/N! Scaramouche!" A familiar voice called behind you, and you turned to see Tighnari running towards you with a grin on his face.

"Tighnari! How are you enjoying the festival?" you asked, greeting him warmly.