Where Am I?

As the young teenager gradually wakes up, they find themselves surrounded by a picturesque landscape that is covered in a thick layer of glistening snow. The sun is shining brightly overhead, causing the snow to sparkle and glitter in its radiant rays. Despite the beauty of the scene, the teenager is momentarily blinded by the intense light, which causes them to rub their eyes before sitting up on the bench that they are lying on.

Disoriented and confused, they are unable to recall how they got there or what happened before. All they know for certain is their name, and their age but beyond that, they're at a complete loss.

As they try to make sense of their surroundings, Y/n feels a strong urge to get up and start exploring. They stand up from the bench and begin to wander around, trying to find a place that seems familiar or welcoming. They have no idea what kind of place they're looking for, but they trust that they'll know it when they see it.

It's a strange feeling, almost like trying to remember a forgotten dream. Y/n is searching for something that they can't quite describe, but they know that it's important. It's similar to the feeling you get when the word you're looking for is on the tip of your tongue but you still can't remember what it is. Except instead of a word, it's a building and you have no idea what it's called or what it looks like, you just know you should go there.

Y/n keeps wandering, feeling both anxious and hopeful. They look around at the unfamiliar buildings and faces, trying to find any clues that might help them figure out where they are or what they should do next. Despite the confusion and uncertainty, they remain calm and determined to find their way.

After wandering around for almost an hour, Y/n stops in front of a white building that has a red cross on it. A big sign in front of the building reads, "South Park Hospital".

Y/n stands there, staring at the building in front of them. "Is this the place?" They wonder to themselves, "It's the only place that I've felt the need to stop at. It must be the one I was looking for... Right?" Y/n waits for another moment, before taking a deep breath and walking inside the entrance labelled "Emergency Room"

As Y/n steps into the room, their eyes scan the room, taking in the scene before them. It's filled with people, all sitting down and waiting anxiously. Some of them are nursing bandages, while others hold puke bags tightly. The more Y/n looks around, the more they realize that this is the place they are meant to be.

With a cautious step, Y/n walks towards a desk where a clean-shaven man in a button-up shirt is seated. "Uh, hello?" Y/n asks, their voice catching them off guard as they introduce themselves. They can't help but wonder if that's how they always sound.

"Hi! How can I help?" The man asks, his tone is friendly and calming. He patiently listens to Y/n's story, offering a calming presence that helps Y/n feel more at ease. Y/n takes a deep breath, unsure of what to say. "Uh... I'm not sure... I woke up on a bench outside and I don't know where I am or where I should be. Uh, I don't know how to explain it... All I know is my name and my age. That's it. I think..." Y/n explains, which doesn't seem like much information at this point.

The man looks at the young teen with worried eyes, "How'd you know to come here?" He asks, writing down every word Y/n has said already. "Uh, I don't know... Instinct I guess? I'm not completely sure where here even is or what I'm supposed to do..." He continues to take notes on everything Y/n is saying. "So, you know your name and age? Would you feel comfortable telling me?"

"My name is Y/n L/n, my birthday is DOB and I'm... Uh... I'm seventeen?" Y/n words sound more like a question than a statement but the man continues to take everything down.

After he finishes writing it on paper the receptionist puts Y/n's information into the computer in front of him and the look of worry on the young man's face increases.

"Okay L/n, I've gotten all your information down. I'll get a doctor to see you as soon as possible but I need you to stay here while you wait, please. We can't help you if you leave okay?" His words are still friendly but they're more rushed than before, anxious. Y/n knows that's not a good sign.

"I can stay here." The receptionist nods at Y/n's words, as Y/n walks away to go sit on a seat in the waiting room the receptionist bolts off to tell a doctor. Why was he so concerned? Well, Y/n wasn't in the hospital's records.

The hospital has a record of every single person who's ever been in the hospital, which is everyone in town as most people are born there. If they're not born there they've all seen a doctor at least once since living here. Y/n's information not being in the system is concerning.

Y/n enters a crowded waiting room and quickly assesses the situation. They scan the room for a seat that is furthest away from the other people who are waiting for medical attention. After some searching, Y/n finds a seat that is at the furthest end of the waiting room. While it is not as far from others as they would like to be, it is the best option available.

The seat Y/n finds is located at the end of a rower. On the other side of the row, there are two empty seats, and next to those are four boys. The one closest to Y/n is the tallest of the four, with bright orange hair and a green hat.

Next to him is the shortest, but largest, of the four. He has brown hair and a blue and yellow hat, and his broken, bleeding nose indicates that he is here for medical attention. He seems to be in pain, as he keeps touching his nose and wincing.

The third boy in the group has black hair and a blue and red hat. He seems to be the quietest of the group, as he's barely speaking and looks at his phone with a serious expression.

Lastly, there's the second tallest boy, with blonde hair that's only just peeking out of his orange jacket. He seems to be the most reserved of the group, as he keeps to himself and occasionally looks around the room.

Y/n finds a spot on the floor to stare at, hoping to avoid drawing attention to themselves. Unfortunately, it's too late, as the four boys have already spotted the stranger and are now looking in their direction.

"How long is this going to take?!" The largest of the four complaints, holding his nose tightly in his hand. "If you weren't being a Nazi we wouldn't be here... Again." The blonde rolls his eyes, his words slightly muffled by his Parka.

"Hey! Technically we wouldn't be here if Kyle hadn't broken my nose in the first place!" He rebuffs, blood seeping through the tissue. "I warned you and you didn't listen so it's your fault fatass, now stop talking you're making it worse."

"Yo, guys... Check it out. Who's that?" The black-haired teen asks, nodding his head in the direction of Y/n who is still completely blocking out the world, staring at a spot on the floor.

"I have no idea... No one new moved in did they?" The tallest teen replies, his attention also drawn to the stranger. "Y/n L/n?" The doctor asks, but the stranger doesn't move, their mind elsewhere. "Y/n L/n?" The second time the doctor says their name the stranger's head snaps up, "Oh, that's me? Right... Sorry." They mumble, walking over to the doctor.

"It's quite alright," she smiles, however the teen with the bleeding nose isn't happy. "AYE! Why the fuck does the weirdo get to go first?! I've been here for thirty minutes!"

"You're here almost every week Cartman. Stop your whining and wait your turn." The doctor scolds, causing Cartman's friends to snicker to themselves, only making Cartman more frustrated in response.

"Follow me L/n." The doctor instructs, walking off down the hall. Y/n follows her shyly, trying their best to take note of where they're going so they know how to get out later.

They make it to a room near the end of the hall, the doctor steps aside and gestures for Y/n to walk in first, the teen obliges and steps inside the room. "So, let's start with the basics. What do you remember?"