The Boys

Y/n, feeling a sense of determination, chooses a direction and begins to walk. As they start their journey, they can feel their mind racing with thoughts and memories, hoping to catch a glimpse of familiarity. They know that if their mind works the same way it did last time, they should be able to recognize the boys when they see them. Therefore, walking seems to be the best course of action.

With each step, Y/n looks around, scanning their surroundings for any signs of familiarity. They roam through the town, taking in the sights and sounds of the bustling streets. However, every now and then, their brain seems to stop them from going in a particular direction, as if warning them of something. They realize that it might be to avoid the hospital they visited yesterday, which brings back unpleasant memories. They also associate the word "cops" with the colour blue, so they avoid going towards predominantly blue areas.

Despite the setbacks, Y/n continues to walk, keeping their eyes peeled for any signs of the boys they met before. They hope that their efforts will soon pay off and that they will find the answers they are looking for.

Y/n had been wandering around the town for hours, feeling exhausted, famished and frightened at the same time. They had been searching for any clue or sign of the people they didn't know but to no avail. As they walked, Y/n's legs became heavier and heavier, and eventually, they found themselves back at the bench where they had woken up the day before. Sitting down, Y/n felt defeated by the town and the seemingly impossible task of finding strangers in an unfamiliar place.

From afar, a sudden and deafening blast echoes through the air, making Y/n's heart skip a beat. Though it's just a car backfiring, the unexpected noise startles Y/n, causing them to jump up from their seat. As they do, they accidentally collide with a passerby who was strolling along the sidewalk, sending them both tumbling to the ground in a heap of confusion and embarrassment.

"AYE! WHAT THE- You." Y/n's eyes widen in surprise, in some cruel twist of fate right underneath them is the boy they elbowed yesterday. He shoves Y/n off of him, causing them to hit their head on the pavement. "YOU ASSHOLE! FIRST YOU BREAK MY NOSE AND THEN YOU FALL ON ME, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

Y/n's winces, the pain in their head and the loud thumps of the boy's voice are a lot for the teen to take in one go. "I'm sorry, I'm not aware of my surroundings when I'm scared." Y/n isn't entirely sure of what they said at first, but after replaying it in their mind it makes sense to them.

"Why are you scared?" The tallest of the boys asks, offering his hand to help Y/n up from the ground. Y/n takes it gratefully, "You would be too if you didn't know who you are, where you are or why you're here." Y/n replies, unsure of if that was the right thing to say straight out of the gate.

The boys look at the strange teen in surprise, uncertain of if they're joking or not. "You've got amnesia? Is that why you were at the hospital?" The boy in the blue puff ball hat asks. "If amnesia means I can't remember anything then yes, that's exactly the problem. I went to the hospital for help on instinct, I didn't even know what it was called until I asked. They said they couldn't help me and told me that "cops" could help. I don't know what cops are, but the voice in my head told me they're bad. So, I ran."

"The voice in your head told you that? Why? What did the voice sound like?" The tallest of the four asks, seeming genuinely concerned. "I don't know. I just know I have to trust it, as for what it sounds like... I'm not sure. I think it sounds like me?" Y/n replies, so insecure of their answer it sounded more like a question than a response.

Suddenly another loud bang erupts in the distance, echoing through the otherwise silent evening. The sound is familiar - it's the same car backfiring that Y/n has heard earlier, but this time, it triggers a response in Y/n, a memory that had been buried deep in the past. The memory comes rushing back, vivid and intense, and Y/n feels a wave of emotion wash over them. It's a memory that Y/n wishes had stayed forgotten, but now it's back, haunting them once again.

The room is dark, Y/n is piled in a small room with twenty other children of varying ages. Gunshots go off in the background, causing many of the younger kids to cry. Y/n tries their best to comfort the ones closest, the same way their mother used to comfort them. But it's hopeless at this point, the tears aren't just from fear, but from loss.

Y/n winces as a sharp, stabbing pain shoots through their temples, causing them to close their eyes tightly. The vivid and intense memory left them feeling disoriented and overwhelmed. The memory was brief, lasting only a few seconds, but it was enough to send Y/n into a state of distress. The teenager grits their teeth, trying to shake off the sensation and regain their composure.

"What's wrong, what happened?" The boys panic, they've been through a lot together but this situation is new and completely out of their element. "I remembered something, I-" Tears stream down the teen's face, unable to even communicate the pain of what they just saw in their mind. Questions, so many questions going through their head a mile a minute that it's hard for them to breathe. They're exhausted, hungry and fucking terrified.

Who were those kids? Where are they now? How did I get out of that situation to this? How did I get into that situation in the first place? Why were we all there? Is this related to the nightmare I can't remember? Are those kids safe? Did we all make it out alive? Were we in danger at all?

Kyle stood there, staring at the crying stranger in front of him, feeling helpless and unsure of what to do. He looked over to his best friend Stan, hoping to get some idea, but Stan seemed equally lost. The three boys were standing on the side of the road, with no one else in sight. Taking the stranger home was out of the question for both Kyle and Stan - they knew their parents would ask questions and they didn't want to get into any trouble. Kenny was out of the question.

As the boys looked around, they suddenly realized that the only person left was Cartman. Cartman, who was still grumpy over being hurt, noticed their stares and looked confused. He was about to ask why they were all looking at him like that, but before he could say anything, he too noticed the crying stranger and fell silent. That's when it hits him, "Oh no, no fucking way!"

"Cartman, they don't have anywhere else to go!" Kyle exclaims, taking the stranger in his arms and desperately trying to comfort them. "So?! How the fuck is that my problem! We don't know who this kid is, they could kill me in my sleep!"

"They just jumped at the sound of a car backfiring... Twice. Plus, look at them! They look malnourished and scared! Not exactly the look of a murder." Stan retorts, while his words are harsh it's true. Y/n looks frail to the point that one big gust of wind could break them in half. The boys are unsure of where the stranger came from but one thing is for certain, wherever it was was bad news.

Cartman huffs and puffs, trying to think up an excuse but every time he goes to argue he looks over at the stranger in Kyle's arms and can't seem to get the words out. After about a minute of trying, he sighs in defeat. While the shortest of the four boys may have a bad rap for being an ass who only thinks about himself, that's only part of the truth. Deep down he cares more than most, which is why he knows he can't refuse.

"Fine. But you assholes are helping me look after them alright!" Cartman huffs in defeat, Kyle tries his best to hide his smirk. He knew Cartman would break, "Obviously we'll help. We just needed a place where people won't pry and your Mum kisses the ground you walk on so it's literally the best option."

Cartman rolls his eyes and starts walking toward his home, "Come on, we'll get you somewhere safe." Kyle says softly to the teen in front of him, sniffling slightly the teen nods, allowing everyone to start following Cartman home.