chapter 5

You knocked on Sodo's door, waiting for him to answer so you could go over things with him.

He opened the door and let you in, "Okay, grab your guitar and play whatever."

He started playing, not saying a word. After a few minutes, you spoke up, "So, are you using the methods at all?" You questioned with a soft tone.

He looked away from his guitar and to you, nodding. "I guess I am, they've worked a bit." He shrugged.

"The other ghouls said you're not as argumentative as you were before, I just thought I should say I'm proud of you." You mumbled the last part, looking away and embarrassed to compliment him like that.

His ears perked up at the praise, smirking as he looked at her. "You're what now?" He teased lightly, tilting his head.

"C'mon Sodo, don't be a dick." You groaned, tilting your head back.

"I don't understand how I'm being a dick, I just didn't quite hear you." He spoke with a smirk, strumming his guitar lightly.

"I said you're doing shitty." You smiled sarcastically at him, knowing he heard what you said before.

"Now who's being the dick?" He said, deadpanning you.

"Oh shush." You said, kicking his bed to push yourself away from him before spinning in the chair.  

"Hey, stop spinning for a second." He said, sounding serious.

You stopped and looked at him, "Hm?" You hummed out before getting a pick flicked at your forehead.

Sodo laughed and you said, "fuck you." Your arguments were more joking now than before. You so badly wanted to ask if you were friends now but fuck that, that's embarrassing.

You guys headed to dinner together after your time was up which was... odd.

You were actually enjoying each other's company and it was strange, but you liked it.

You guys walked into the dining room, Swiss spotted the two of you and waved you over.

"You two have gotten pretty close." He looked you in your eyes with a smirk.

You glanced at Sodo, hoping he would say something that confirmed if you were or were not friends now but instead, he glanced over at you. 

You sighed, "I guess..?" you awkwardly answered. Swiss just wiggled his eyebrows at you and you raised your eyebrows, "No! Swiss, no. I don't even know if he considers me a friend, there's definitely not anything romantic between us." you told him after you realized what he meant. Swiss just just "Mm-hm." Like he didn't believe you which made you groan, "Swiss, that's enough, she clearly doesn't fucking like it." Sodo stepped in. Swiss put his hands up in defense, chuckling, "Damn man, sorry, I didn't mean to upset your little girlfriend." 

Sodo walked closer to him, "She's just my friend, control that damn mouth of yours." he told him, leaning close. You couldn't help the smile that crept onto your face as he called you his friend, looking down at your feet to hide it. 

Sodo walked off to go get food and you smiled at Swiss, "I didn't expect him to get so aggressive, sorry about that. No more teasing though, yeah?" you asked gently. He gave you his usual smile, chuckling a bit, "Yeah, Sodo seems a bit overprotective. Go get your food." He told you with a smile.

You nodded and waved before walking off and getting food.

Later on, you finish everything you needed to do that day and you are very tired so you went to your room and lie down. You threw yourself onto your bed and layed on your back, looking at the ceiling. You found yourself not sleeping but instead going into deep thought.