✰ Reid ✰

Your team had a case down in New York that had to deal with poisonings in clubs

Your team had a case down in New York that had to deal with poisonings in clubs. Hotch made you and Emily go undercover at was supposedly the next hit to watch out for anything that might happen.

It wasn't anything bad, you just had to dress up and watch everyone around you. You wore a (favorite color) dress that fit your body type and stopped mid thigh. 

You looked beautiful , really beautiful. Your hair and makeup was simple since you were still on duty. Because your dress didn't have any pockets, you had to keep your phone and a bottle of mace in a small purse.

"Damn, you look amazing y/n! Reid is a very lucky man to be with you."

You smiled at Emily's compliment, feeling even more confident in yourself.

" You too babe, You can't let that go to waste tonight though. " You eyed her up and down.

She smiled and hit you playfully, " Yeah right. Im just trying to get through all this first, plus I already have Sergio. "

You couldn't help but grin at the mention of her cat. " Are you guys ready out there?" Hotch called out from outside the dressing room.

You answered and meet with him outside. " Are you sure you can do this y/n? If not, I'm sure JJ will take your spot." You smiled up at him , " I can do this, don't worry."

Since you and Reid were the youngest of the team, the others treated you like it. You had to practically beg Hotch to even let you go with Emily. It was sweet how caring he was, but annoying how much he limited your opportunities.

He nodded before walking you and Emily to the car that would bring you to the club.  Reid was already there so you felt more calm about going, knowing that he was there to also watch out for you.

~ Time skip ~

Emily and you had stayed for almost an hour with no sign of anything. Hotch made you guys stop since you already spent enough time there with no new info. Emily left while you stayed to meet up with Reid who had been walking all around the club.

You were waiting at the bar for him when you felt someone move next to you. " Are you here with anyone?"

You sighed annoyingly, " Yes, my boyfriend ". You said with clear annoyance in your voice, not even bothering to look at him

" Well, he shouldn't let such a beautiful girl wait all alone. How about I buy you a drink and keep you some company?"

" No" You answered firmly through gritted teeth.

You stood up in disgust and began to walk away when he grabbed your shoulder.

" Look, just let me buy you a drink and actually get to know me. I'm not such a bad guy like you're thinking."

You grabbed his hand and threw it off .

" Then find someone else to talk to, like girls who don't have a boyfriend."

His expressions changed by the end of your sentence. You couldn't turn around without him trying to grab your shoulder again.

You moved back in time to avoid it , but he was ready to make another move.

You could easily have taken him on, but not in a dress that rides up by just walking and with all the surrounding people.

Instead you had fumbled with your purse trying to grab your mace. " Listen her-"

" Were you talking to my girlfriend?"

You glanced up to see someone's back, Reid's back. He shielded you from the creep, but you stepped  back just in case.

" Yeah. I was just telling her that to stop acting like such a bit-"

It all happened so quick. Reid acted out of character and hit first. His punch was loud enough for everyone around to hear. People started backing up and watch it go down.

You screamed at Reid to get off of him, but once the guy tried to retaliate Reid could only focus on the fight.

You felt weak just standing by like a damsel in distress. Once the guy tried to hit again, you stepped in front of Reid and sprayed him with the mace.

He fell down with screams that the whole club could probably hear. Reid acted fast and dragged you outside. Once you guys made it near the car left for you, you saw the aftermath of Reid's face.

" Hey, are you ok?" He looked down at you with full worry in his eyes.

You stared up at him, " Me? I'm fine, I'm not the one who just fought someone."

You reached your hand up to hold his face." Does anything hurt badly?" He ran his finger over the cuts, " These are nothing. Just little scratches."

You rolled your eyes and fully grabbed his face, leaning up to kiss him. It was a simple peck, but he knew it was more than that.

Once you pulled away, he smiled proudly.
" Let's go back to the hotel so I can clean them up."

A/N: I felt so goofy writing this , like I had to keep stopping to laugh at myself💀 Trying to write about some creep and protective Reid had me cringing 😭  I know this feels random for him but whatever 🗣️

Anyways, Drink some water and eat something!