✰ JJ ✰

You couldn't stop staring at them. His arm around her waist, the way he whispered in her ears to make her giggle, and the way she laid her head on his chest.

You had to pretend you were interested in whatever Rossi was talking about, but how could you with how close they were together. 

They were just standing there deep in their own world. Their eyes only on each other. 

You turned your attention back to your friends to excuse yourself. You left your drink and stormed past Her to the bathroom.

You locked yourself inside to wash your face. After you dried your face, you leaned on the door to give yourself time.

After you calmed yourself down, you opened the door. " You ok?"

You stopped at the sound of her voice. " How the fuck can I be ok with how your acting right now?" You turned to face her. She stared down at her feet moving her hands up to mess with her necklace. " Y/n"

" What! What is it this time? What's your excuse to run away again?."

You tried to keep your voice down to not alarm the others, but loud enough to express your anger at her.

She kept playing with her necklace, but now looked up to meet your eyes. You stared into them watching them water up that making the blue shine even more than they usually do.

"Y/n.. We've talked about this. You know I can't just leave him that easily as much you want me to."

You felt the lump in your throat, " That's what you've been saying for these last few months. If you don't wanna be with me just say that instead of living two lives."

You couldn't help but watch her so intently. " Of course I want to be with you, but what happens when I do leave him? We still work together, Hotch will never let us stay together!"

You shook your head," We've been hiding this for a year already with no problem so maybe he'll let us. I love you so much, but seeing you with him kills me. You've already cheated on him, why won't you just let him go?"

You stared at her with your eyebrows furrowed. She dropped her hands to her side, anxiously patting down her dress.

The same dress she bought because you complimented her in it when you two were together.

" He's my husband, y/n, I have a whole life with him. Look, we just need to talk another time, not when our friends can hear us."

You glanced between her and the hallway entrance where the others were laughing. You lightely shoke your head before scoffing.

" Do you even love me? "

You both stared at each other. You waiting to hear her answer while she tried to say her answer.

The only thing that kept you too from suffering in awkward silence was the others talking loudly.

You scoffed once more," Jesus christ , Im here begging you to be with me and you can't even say three words."

You could hear Will's voice growing louder, coming closer in the hallway.

She tried to grab your wrist, but you pulled your arm away in time. You stared back with clear disgust.

" We're over. Don't talk to me unless it's for work. "

His voice grew louder with more concern. He was loud, but even he couldn't block out the sound of your heartbeat in your ears.

" Your husbands calling."

You walked away trying to compose yourself. You stopped infront of Will with a fake smile," Sorry! I didn't mean to keep her, I just need an outfit fix."

You smiled sweetly, he returned it assuring you it was fine. You felt bad for how JJ treated him, how you wanted her to leave him just for you.

She played both you and Will for her own benefit. You walked away to be with the others, letting everything happening around you to keep your attention off what just happened.

You took one last glance at Will and JJ returning with their hands interlocked and smiles. One last glance at what you gave up.

A/N: Another hard read & write. Curious by Hayley Kiyoko played so I think that was some kinda sign 😲