Chapter 1

|Meeting the Loki Familia|

For the past few days, I stayed in the Magic shop to repair Lady Riveria's staff, unfortunately, due to the staff being badly damaged, it caused the magical crystals to become unstable. While the crystal may be the mages catalyst, the staff acts as the link that connects the mana that flows throughout the body to the crystals. Although a mage can conjure magic without the need of a staff or wand, the staff itself is a magic item that assists with control. For example, the longer the chant of a spell, the more powerful that spell will be, and the more control is needed to cast said spell. A staff/wand is used as a substitute for mages who have the magic power and concentration to cast the spell but don't need to focus on how much power is being put into the spell.

But I suppose that's also a confusing way to put it, so I'll simplify it like this... A mage that wants to chant a spell long or short needs to focus on channeling their magic energy throughout their body, then beginning their chant, concentrating on the formation of the magic circle of their spell, while also focusing on the magical output going into the spell. If theirs too little magic energy, the spell will fail, but if a mage were to put in too much, the mage will self-destruct, being encased by the spell they attempted to cast. And due to multiple instances throughout history, the creation of staffs/wands became necessary, as the magic crystal became the catalyst, and the staffs themselves were the very link and limiter to a mage's spell. If the staff or wand was of low quality a high-level spell couldn't be cast, or in other cases, the item would turn to dust due to being unable to endure the power of the spell, which could have also led to the worst case scenario of killing the caster. Magic Crystals, are used as catalysts but can also be considered a magical generator, and if overloaded, well, let's just say not many survived to tell the tale after being exploded by magical energy.

But I digress, Riveria's staff being more damaged than it appeared, meant I would have to forge a magic staff from scratch, but understanding that she also uses it as a weapon meant I needed to be creative. So, while thinking of a way to implement the idea, I remembered Lord Hedin's weapon and used that as inspiration. Lady Riveria not only blocks while using the staff, but stabbed and pierced through her opponents with the sharp end of her weapon, so Hedin's weapon would be more useful, but also seeing her style of combat and the fact that she more than likely won't enter the Dungeon alone. So instead, with the help of Tsubaki, a Level 5 Smith of Hephaestus, she can use the perfect materials to craft the special weapon and magic item I have in mind.

"Hello, Tsubaki." I greeted, entering the shop with some materials in hand.

"Heya, Bell, how have you been, from the looks of it, you have something for me to craft, am I right?" The Half-Dwarf asked.

"Yes, it's a weapon and staff for Lady Riveria, she needed repairs on her staff but it's too damaged, so making a new one would be better in the long run, and I promise you half of the payment."

"No need, your crazy ideas are payment enough, I don't remember the last time I had so much fun crafting, before your special weapon." She replied, causing me to light up.

"Please, my ideas aren't that impressive."

"Yeah right, it's not every day you find someone with the idea and formula to create magic weapons that rival Crozzo Magic Swords, and with the combustible magic mineral like Mithril." Tsubaki disagreed. "Anyway, what do you need to be crafted?"

I explained to Tsubaki the idea of crafting a spear, using the wood of the sacred tree, courtesy of Ouranos and Fels, and a mixture of Mithril Metal, and Adamantite, the wood of the sacred tree would allow magic energy to flow through the weapon allowing that energy to link with the crystals, while the Mithril to Adamantite ratio would be 2:8, allowing a slight increase in magic abilities, while also allowing the weapon to endure what would otherwise strain or even destroy the item. Of course, testing with weaker and fewer materials is required, to create such a weapon, and so that's exactly what we did. After another day or so, of trials, we were able to find the solution and began crafting the weapon, and after a long day of hard work, the spear was finished.