[ 008 ] satiated hunger

HEARING DAMAGE
TEEN NOLA - CHAPTER EIGHT !

            THANKS TO AKILAH AND her previous stint in the Girl Scouts, she had been well informed enough to help them all forage for berries

            THANKS TO AKILAH AND her previous stint in the Girl Scouts, she had been well informed enough to help them all forage for berries. The group, minus Natalie and Travis who had ventured off in the opposite direction with the gun to hunt for them, all headed off into the forest to scavenge.

        Once they found a nice enough area, with quite a few bushels of berries, Akilah somewhat confidently gave them all a quick run down of what to be on the look out for and what to avoid.

         Laura Lee glanced above herself at the towering trees, her brows furrowed as she questioned, "Are any of these like, maple syrup trees?"

            "What?" Taissa gave her a funny look as she passed by.

         Nola, who was crouched on the ground, chimed in, "Don't they only exist in Canada?" Frankly, Nola had no idea if Maple Trees only existed in Canada. She just knew that the country was largely associated with the product after seeing a 'Made In Canada' stamp upon the bottle she used for her pancakes.

        "Don't!" Akilah suddenly yelled, capturing everyone's attention. She ran over and batted away a clump of berries that Misty had been ready to eat. "Eat that kind. It's poisonous."

        A fun little smirk appeared on Van's face at the word poisonous. "Like 'kill you' poisonous or 'trip your balls off' poisonous?" She inquired with a suggestive look, her eyebrows raised high.

         "What? I don't know." Akilah replied. Her voice was filled with confusion cause why would she know that? "My Girl Scout trip leader didn't get all that specific about it."

         "Akilah?" Taissa piped up. She too was crouched on the ground, holding up a small stem of berries for Akilah to judge whether they were safe or not for consumption.

         "Okay, now those I know for sure will make you puke. Don't touch it." She warned sternly. Her words caused many to nod their heads once they mentally took note of what those berries looked like. They all knew to avoid them now.

         Misty let out a heavy sigh. Her hands fell to her hips as she glanced over at Akilah in slight annoyance. "Could you just show us something that's actually edible so we can get going?"

          "What's the big hurry?" Taissa rose from the ground, brushing off stray dirt from her clothing while questioning the blonde.

            Van, ever the brave, chose to bring up what they had all noticed between Misty and the adult of the group. "Coach need a sponge bath?" She uttered lowly, her voice dripping with a suggestive tone.