Chapter 6: Connected

Ray could feel Sarang's tears falling like raindrops on his soul.Ray's feeling for Sarang's heart has evolved alot.

He was feeling bad for Sarang due to her unfulfilled desires to be a famous painter and to spend her life with Lucian, the only love of her life.At the same time, he wanted to be with her, which is impossible. He was unable to describe this inexplicable connection.Sarang's profound emotions now coursed through his veins.

Ray who was thinking about Sarang for a moment, looked at Lisa.

Lisa( nervously): Mr. Ray, I already knew about Sarang. I met Lucian at his toughest times when he was only remembering Sarang. As days turn into months, gradually Lucian allowed himself to open up to the possibility of healing.Is that too selfish??

Lucian after reading Sarang's letter was sitting silently in grief and guilt.

Ray : I don't know , how to keep this up.
I am alive right now because of the heart of my generous donor, Sarang. Yes, you heard it right. It's her.

Lucian and Lisa found themselves overwhelmed by the intensity of their mixed emotions.

Ray : I am just feeling bad for her now.

Lisa: Mr. Ray,I know how are you feeling right now but Lucian had also suffered alot and I want to be there for him.

Ray ( looking angrily at Lucian) : Now atleast stick to her till your end.

He gulped one bite of strawberry pastry, sipped Ice americano,that they have ordered and left the place angrily.

In rage, he sat in the car and started it furiously. Lost in contemplation, Ray gazed out of the window, watching the world pass by in a blur of colors. Suddenly, a loud screech pierced the tranquility as a speeding truck ran a red light at the intersection ahead. Time seemed to stretch as the car's brakes squealed in protest, everything got slow motioned.

Ray's heart raced as the impending collision became inevitable. His grip tightened on the armrest, and in that suspended moment, his mind seemed to detach from reality. Memories flooded in, each a vivid vignette of  life – a montage of significant moment.

He saw himself as Sarang.The accident scenario of that day started floating around his eyes. The way Sarang felt helplessness, the way she wanted someone to save her. A snapshot of terror in Sarang's eyes played out in front of Ray. Sarang had never thought her end to be like this.She has always dreamt of beautiful tapestry woven from the threads of a life well-lived.

As the memories ebbed, reality rushed back in. The impact jolted the car, metal crumpling with a deafening crash. Glass shattered like cascading diamonds, and the vintage car spun in a dance of destruction. Yet, amid the chaos, Ray remained suspended in time, his thoughts a tranquil sanctuary amidst the turmoil.

The car finally came to a rest, the echoes of the crash fading into silence. Sirens wailed in the distance, and a crowd gathered, their voices distant and indistinct. Ray blinked, slowly returning to the present moment, a newfound appreciation for life surging through his veins.

With trembling hands, he unbuckled his seatbelt and pushed open the door. The world seemed sharper, more vibrant, each sensation heightened by the brush with fate.

As he stepped out onto the pavement, he glanced back at the wrecked car, a bittersweet smile tugging at his lips.

He had emerged from the collision not just unscathed, but with a profound reminder of the beauty and fragility of life, forever etched in his heart.