Chapter 3: The Future Has Magic

"I mean, I believe you. It's just that it's hard to compile all you said except the important detail of making phones more fun and entertaining? In what way?"
"Listen, " Aron explained as he restlessly digs deeper and glances at him with droopy eyes. "I can't tell you what the future holds entirely. I don't want to be that guy who messes up two timelines by simply spoiling it. It's hard, trust me. Like this piece of sh- erm, dirt."
"You're sweating, should I get you juice?"
Aron stares at him blankly. "So you're pitying me now?"
"Nope, just wanted to tease you a bit."
"Ha ha... "
"Found it!" Retz pulled out a remote from the hole as Retz took it.
"Satisfied?" Aron asked with tired ankles. "Yep, thanks."
Aron sat down and watched as Retz fumbles with the remote. Reminds him of that guy who compared his phone with one, how ironic. He was speechless.
"How is it in the dirt again?"
"My dog's neighbour,"
"Right... " Aron stood up. "Anyways, Retz, do your magic! Take me home."
"I don't have... That? I don't even know how."
"Then we should at least try stuff that you see in a movie, you know, how they go back."
"They have time machines for that."
"What about the ones with no... Time machines?"
Without saying anything he wrapped his arms around him, pulling him into a bear hug. "What the -what are you doing?"
"I saw it in a movie once, not that famous though."
"How does this help?"
"Moral and Emotional support. I think."
Aron pushed him and glared daggers. Retz remembered sadly.
"It looked believable and dramatic in the movie."
"It's because the main duo were probably a couple!"
"So you're saying I should've put more feelings to it... ?"
"What, love? NO!"
"Should we try?"
"Nope, were doing something else. There's probably another way- "
His headphones rang once more. "Ah... !"
He fell unconcious as he slowly loses sight of everything.

"Hey, you okay?"
Aron found himself in his room. His jacket was used as his blanket, he removed his headphones and tried to cover his right ear from the repeated ringing. "Yeah."
"Dude-"
"It's Aron."
"Aron, your ears just now they... "
"I know, the ringing. And thanks to that I know more clues on how to return and things to do. Were nearly even there."
"Your ears bled."
Cole's eyes were shaken, his face dark. "Blood?"

"I'm over it, don't worry." Aron reassured Retz as he followed him to school. Retz still looked at him worriedly.
"Aron, I'm worried not only about that but... You coming to school with me."
"You're saying I'm a nuisance?" "No!"
"I'll be undercover, don't worry!"
"Hey Retz!" A guy from his class ran toward him.
Aron didn't know what to do, he just stood there. Till' he felt himself lighten. The next thing he knew was that the guy was completely ignoring him.
"Hey, uh, the guy behind me isn't from around here so please be nice."
"What guy? Don't tell me you still have imaginary friends."
"No, look!" He took Aron's arm and when he was about to place it on his chest, it passed through. They both silently screamed. He tried repeating it as many times as possible.
"Um, I'm leaving. You're swinging your arm weirdly by the way."
Once he left, they both stared at each other.
"He didn't see me." "You have powers! The future has magic!"
"No it doesn't. Supposedly not, is it because of the blue hues or something?"
"Then that means you come with me."
As they walked to class, Aron tried grabbing their attention. Nothing. He didn't know if he should be happy or sad. All Retz knows is that it annoyed him since his the only one who can hear and see him. History classes started early, still, Retz was considered late. Entering the class, the teacher noticed him and called out for him.
"Oh, boi."
"Teachers suck."
"Aron!" He whispered loudly.
"How tall is Mt. Fuji again, Retz?"
"I don't remember anything."
Aron stared at him. "Just repeat after me: it stands at 3,776 meters ."
"It stands at 3,77-uhm, 6 meters?" Retz answered.
The whole class was amazed -including the teacher. Retz sat down as Aron expected to be praised. After a while of waiting, Aron nudges him despite the fact that he knows he's busy writing notes.
"Not that I'm showing off, but, told ya so."
"Yeah I know," Retz sighed as he turned to him and smiled. "Thanks a bunch."
Aron's face gave a shade of pink as he looked away.
"Glad you know that."