Unexpected Dinner Date

Time Skip***

Ayanokoji:

After sending the video and recording to Sakagami, I walked towards the building where all our dorms were located.

As I approached the entrance of my dorm room, I noticed Ryūen heading towards his own room. Blood on his face suggested he had been in a fight with someone or a group of people. Well, I guess it's not my place to inquire about it.

[I decided to pull out my phone and message Hiyori, inviting her to come over to my dorm for dinner.]

Hiyori: "Sure, I'll head there now. What is your dorm room number?"

Side Note: [Going to make up a random dorm number for Ayanokoji's dorm room]

Ayanokoji: "It's C-106."

Hiyori: "Alright, on my way!"

Today is the day I put my chef abilities to the test! The White Room has prepared me for this very moment! I can never afford to lose, even when it comes to preparing a delicious meal for a lovely lady!

Another side note: I know Ayanokoji is supposed to be portrayed as a heartless monster, but we're talking about an ANGEL here, so let's just let it slide. Lmao.

Hiyori POV:

I had just finished unpacking my things and decorating my dorm room when I received an invitation to eat with Ayanokoji at his dorm. I've read a lot about moments like these from books. It's like a mini date, right? I mean, he does look handsome and is undoubtedly smart. Isn't he like every girl's dream guy?

[I suddenly started blushing from the thought of it being a date.]

As I reached his dorm room, I noticed that he had left the door unlocked. I couldn't resist my curiosity, so I strolled straight in. As I did, blood trickled down my nose when I saw him changing his clothes. We sat there in an awkward moment of silence, idly staring at each other.

Ayanokoji: "Uh, Hiyori. It's okay, I should've locked my door..."

Hiyori: "No... It's my fault. I wanted to see if everything was alright since I found your door unlocked and was just making sure you were okay."

Ayanokoji: "It's fine. Let's just go eat. I already made dinner - juicy steak with mashed potatoes and broccoli."

Side Note: [I'd put a picture of the food up, but it'd just make me hungry every time I'd edit this. *Sobbing* ]

Hiyori: "Itadakimasu," as I took a bite of the steak, my soul seemed to ascend to heaven. I couldn't believe how delicious his cooking was. I didn't even think it was possible to make steak this good. Famous chefs around the world would praise this cooking. It was incredible.

Ayanokoji: Damn, I knew I was missing one ingredient. This was an utter failure. How could I possibly come from the White Room? They'd be disapp-

Hiyori: "Ayanokoji, this food is INCREDIBLE... I've never tasted food this good in my life. Who taught you how to cook? I didn't even think food could ever taste this good. Its taste is magnificent. Please open a shop or do something to sell this food."

Ayanokoji POV: Well, uh... I wonder what she would think if I really had all the ingredients.

Hiyori POV: Suddenly, I remembered what I thought about before leaving my dorm about how handsome and intelligent Ayanokoji is, and now, on top of that, he can cook beyond amazingly.

Ayanokoji: Hiyori, I wanted to bring you here for dinner because of our previous conversation about the S-System. I did some information gathering and figured out that each class is in direct competition with the other classes. Meaning each class is striving to become Class A. I figured this out due to upperclassmen in class B/C picking on a class D student.

Hiyori: So there is a difference in ranking hierarchy where class A is the best and class D is the worst. Then that means, as you mentioned previously, there is also another points system for the class as a whole.

Ayanokoji: Yes, I also confirmed this when I... [in a low voice so she doesn't hear him] threatened the upperclassmen.

Hiyori: Did you say something?

Ayanokoji: No... 

Ayanokoji: There are tests that will pop up throughout the year, determining whether we gain class points or lose them. According to what that upperclassman explained to me, they're called Exams and Special Exams.

Hiyori: He definitely didn't give you all this information for free. What did you pay him? All your private points??

Ayanokoji: It'd be best if I say that. "Yes, I did. I didn't think it'd cost so much, but it was extremely important. Also, Hiyori, like I mentioned before, I want you to take all the credit for these discoveries. However, there is one more serious issue he mentioned to me: Possibilities for expulsion. It seems like during some of these special exams and regular exams, there is a possibility for expulsion if we don't reach a certain threshold. For exams, it makes sense that if you don't score around the average grade, you'd be at risk for expulsion. But, I'm not exactly sure how that'd be applied for these special exams.

Hiyori: I see. Tomorrow at school, I'll bring all of this to the class.

Ayanokoji: Alright, it's already late, so it's best I take you to your dorm now just to ensure your safety.

[I just realized, does this mean Kushida is going to get assaulted by that guy for Ayanokoji not being there? We'll just pretend Hirata or Manabu saves her.]

Time Skip***

Ayanokoji:

After dropping off Hiyori at her room, I decided to head back to my room and sleep, eagerly awaiting tomorrow's reveal. I refrained from telling her about the guarantee of employment rate being only for class A, knowing that it would be revealed tomorrow anyway.