thirteen.

When you're all alone

Remember where home is

I'm your boulevard

We fully control this

When you're all alone

Remember where home is

Jordan didn't sleep well. The only thing that was on his mind was the look on her face. His day had been shitty too, there was growing tension in the organization head office. He knew they were battling with the decision of keeping or trading him. When it came down to him or Draymond, in a lot of people's minds he was expendable. He'd tried not to let it get to him and failed until she had called. Now, all that mattered to him was her.

Whether he was traded or not, he'd learned valuable lessons in The Bay, formed friendships. Moving wouldn't be the end of his career, it'd be a new start away from a place where he had to work with a man, a "leader" he couldn't care less about. However, her being hurt or upset bothered him. Being farther from her also bothered him. It may have been the worst part about a potential trade. Would she follow him? Was it too soon to ask that?

Shaking his head, Jordan began to pace. He couldn't dwell on that when there was obviously something bigger going on.

Ivy had mentioned her ex and then trailed off; his mind immediately went to Bryn. The man was known to have a temper, in fact he'd just been waived from the Bucks for a domestic incident with his new girlfriend. Had he doubled back and hurt Ivy too? Jordan's blood immediately boiled at the thought.

Flicking through his contacts, he called the only person who may have had a connection to Bryn, Ralen.

"JP! What's good bro?" Ralen answered after the second ring "Glad to see you're talking to me again."

"Don't get too excited motormouth, I'm just trying to figure some shit out. You still cool with Bryn?"

"Forbes?" Ralen's curiosity was evident in his tone.

"Yeah, what other Bryn you know?"

"Like five if I'm being honest. Anyway, what's up?"

"I need his contact real quick, I'm trying to sort something."

The edge to Jordan's voice alarmed his friend, scratching his head Ralen sat up.

"You don't even like that nigga, didn't ya'll have it out on the court last month?"

"Yeah, and I don't care for him, but I need to know if he hurt Ivy. So, just send the contact and stop asking questions."

"Ivy? Why would he hurt Ivy? Look, you don't even sound like yourself so obviously the situation is fucked up. I know you like her, but did she tell you he did something? If she didn't then you can put the cape down until she gives you the real. You always jump to conclusions, since we were kids. No need to stir up shit before you know if it's necessary."

Jordan hated when Ralen was the voice of reason. He was right but it didn't stop the dread gnawing at Jordan's gut. Something had happened to her yesterday, and he hadn't even been around to help. Caring about a person and seeing them the way he saw her yesterday – it hurt.

"You right." Was all Jordan managed, he heard Ralen exhale in the background.

"Good because you sounded like you was on your John Wick just now and given everything else, I think you should really relax until she tells you whats up."

"I guess" Jordan huffed "I just wish I was there for her yesterday."

"Yeah well, was she there for you yesterday? You both had bad days and you both weren't there. Make up for it today. I know one thing though."