Chapter 25: Glorious Sword fight and confusing things

A/N: This chapter is the first of (possibly) many suggested ideas where I can build around. The premise of this is a mock swordfight and a completely random conversation, a combination of two ideas, one of mine and the other from HippozLikeRedHats. You can blame us later for it. I don't own Doctor Who or Moby Dick.

We were sailing for two days after we left Fair Haven when Lindsey came up to me as I was watching us move forward and said, "Hey Hannah, What's the skinny?" As I said two days earlier, we had no problems, no trouble out on the sea. Drew and Gavi were still suspicious on what Lindsey told me, London Rob was still a pill, just not as bad as he was when we were in port, Pete kept his mouth shut after I one-upped him, and Stevo was shaken after Lindsey chewed him out on the "Rare Breed of Violin Player" thing, even though she didn't punish him. Hah. N settled into our silly comradeship of the crew quite nicely, and I haven't been put up into the crows nest for the past two days. Lindsey was keeping her promise to keep me closer to her to me in terror of the voices coming back and me starting to act mad. So far, my nightmares were strangely less bad than when we were at Fair Haven. They have actually been better for me, as I'm not screaming while I'm asleep. I've been just gasping awake, with tears streaming down my face. Yet, I still couldn't remember what the dreams were. Of course, whenever I wake up gasping for breath, I would go out of my room, and go to Lindsey's door. I would end up making some noise, waking her up, then she opens her door, and finds me sitting right outside her door. She gave me pity on my child-like actions of going to an adult because of bad dreams, and she comforted me. No one else on the ship knew of my need for some childlike comfort because of bad dreams, except for me, Lindsey and Audrey. Lindsey was the closest thing I had to a parent on this ship, so, I know it's weird, but as Lindsey said, she got to see the scared little girl I still was inside me. Anyway, as you can probably see, Lindsey usually sends me up to the crow nest when I get too annoying or I'm testing her patience with me. But, with the added nervousness of me starting to act mad, and the threat of my instability of my sanity, Lindsey kept me closer to her. Her and her daughter, in fact. She knew of my tenacity to babble, so she didn't let me help Drew and Gavi because of her [little] secret. Spoiler of fun, violin girl. Now, to current things. Lindsey's statement confused me.

"What?" I asked.

"I said, What's the skinny, Hannah." Lindsey said, with a smile on her face.

"That makes absolutely no sense at all."

"It makes perfect sense!"

"No it doesn't."

"Yes it does."

"No it doesn't!"

"Yes it does!"

"Then what are the ramifications for it!" I stubbornly try to sense of her statement.

"Well, do you know when people ask for the current news, they say 'What's the skinny'?" Lindsey explained.

"They don't say that, Linds." I deadpanned.

"Yes they do!"

"No, Linds, they don't." I sighed, "People say 'What's the scoop', not 'What's the skinny'."

"I'm still saying they do." She stubbornly refused, "And what's going on?"

"Nothing. Perfectly good day. Remember when I said that there's going to be a storm?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"It's happening tonight." Lindsey nodded in understanding. I had a thought, and I asked, "Can I bring out the swords?"

That question confused her. "What? Why do you want to get the swords out?"

I looked at her, and said, "I think it's time for some practice for the crew. I have this...sudden feeling that they're going to need it."