Chapter 2

They were sat in the medical bay as Heller checked Jonas's blood pressure. Both men just stared at each other.

"He's in perfect shape." Heller told Dr.Zhang.

"Just like the last time you examined me." Jonas said then Mac walked in.

"Suyin took a glider 15 minutes ago. She's planing on taking the Origin back up." Mac said and Jonas took the blood pressure checker off.

"Take me to the sub." Jonas said standing up.

"We're not done here." Heller told him.

"Yeah, we are. Lori's running out of air, and we're in international waters, which means legally I can beat the ever-loving shit out of you and get away with it." Jonas told him and he looked over at Mac.

"It's true." Mac nodded his head and Dr.Zhang looked at him.

"Legally, I mean." Mac said.

"Good thing he doesn't hold a grudge." Mac said as they walked out. 

Harper walked off without them and she went to the sub, before she got in she saw that captn bubbles on be written on top. She smiled as she crawled in. When she got in she saw a little girl playing in the captain chair.

"Hey." She said walking over.

"Hey." The girl smiled

"I'm,um, Jonas Taylor's daughter, Harper." Harper told her 

"The crazy guy." The girl said and chuckled with the nod of her head. 

Their was a two bags dropped in from the hatch and then in came Jonas. He didn't notice them at first until he turned the lights on and looked over.

"Hello, Skipper." Jonas said.

"You must the crazy, her dad." The girl pointed at Harper.

"Now who called me that?" He asked as he opened his bag.

"My mom. Doctor Heller." 

"Yeah, well, I'm not crazy. I've just seen things no one else has." Jonas told her.

"That's the definition of crazy." the girl told him making him chuckle.

"backup power. backup power." Jonas repeated to himself as he looked around for it when the girl leaned over and hit a button.

"So where are your parents?" Jonas asked

"My mom's trying to bring our friends back from the bottom of the ocean. My dad's with a Pilates instructor in Taipei. Granddad says mom needs to move on, but Mom says she needs more time because she was married to an a-hole." The girl told them.

"Sounds like your mom's got a point." Jonas said before walking over to her.

"You know a lot."

"8 year olds hear everything." She told him making him chuckle.

"Mind if I give it a try?" Jonas pointed to the seat and she stood up as he turned her chair around. 

"Bye." She said as he sat down in the chair. She started to go up the latter when she stopped.

"Hey, crazy. Is my mom gonna die." She asked

"I'll have Captain Bubbles and your mom back in no time. I promise." He told her and she smiled and climbed the latter.

"Alright, Harper." Jonas looked at her.

"Let me go with you." Harper told him and he shook his head.

"No, I'm not risking your life." Jonas told her and she sighed.

"Please,Dad, nothing's gonna happen to me." Harper told him.

"How are you so sure, can you predict the future?" Jonas asked her.

"No, but-."

"No buts. I don't care. You're not coming." Jonas told her.

"Dad, please. I'll be fine." Harper tried to tell him.

"No, Harper. Leave." He pointed to the stairs. 

"Dad, p-."

"No, end of conversation. Get out. NOW!" He yelled at her and she turned and went up the latter. 

She went into the the room with all the camera and controls where Mac gave her a ear bud so she could listen. 

"DJ?" Mac pointed at a guy with glasses.

"Yeah." DJ gave a thumbs up.

"Jaxx, we good?" Mac asked the girl from earlier and she gave him a smile.

"Doc?" Mac asked Heller and he nodded his head.

"Evolution, we are go for dive." Mac said and they watch Jonas turned to the window in front of him to see out at the ocean.

"Fancy." He said as they lowered the sub into the water.

"System got for descend. System got for descend." The computer said twice and Jonas didn't go yet.

Harper watched as her father stared down at the water. 

"Hey, brother. We're good to go." Mac told him.

"System go for descend. System got for descend.

"Jonas." Mac said as Heller looked over at Mac.

"System go for descend."  Jonas sent the sub down finally and everyone let out the breath they were holding. 

He turned in his chair as they sub descending farther and farther down. He started to connect wires.

"Evolution now passing 1,000 meters." The computer said.

"Caution. Evolution secondary systems offline.

"How is he descending so fast?" Dr. Zhang asked as he looked at the computer in front of Jaxx.

"Looks like he's diverted all nonessential power like heat and life support to the motors." Jaxx said told him.

"He's gonna black out." Dr. Heller said looking over at Mac.

Mac and Harper walked over to the computer and Heller pointed to the screen.

"His blood gases are dropping." Heller told them and Mac looked up at the camera that was pointed at the Jonas in the sub.

"Jonas." Mac said

"Tell Heller, I'm not slowing down." Jonas told him and Mac smiled patting his shoulder and him and Harper walked back to where they were standing.

"Suyin, be advised. Evolution is being now en route. Request to return to Mana one immediately." Mac said sitting on the edge of a table, taking his glasses off and cleaning them.

"Negative. He can give us an escort on our way up." Suyin said

"Tell her to get out of the way, Mac. More people means more risk and she's in way over her head." Jonas spoke up.

"Jonas, you just told her yourself." Mac told him

"What?"

"The little green button on your intercom, that's for single channel communication." 

"Brilliant."

"Entering Thermocline." Suyin said.

"Okay, Mac. I am through." Suyin said.

"Warning: Pressure load approaching 16,000 psi." They heard the computer on Jonas's sub.

Harper watched her falling trying to pop his ears. He reached up and cupped his nose. When he brought his hand back down it was covered in blood. 

"Dad, you okay?" Harper asked and looked at the camera and nodded his head.

"At this speed, I'm gonna have to divert power from the heaters and shut down anything that could ice over. Call you from the other side." Jonas said and then they disconnected. 

"You got wi-fi here?" The guy who pays for everything here asked making Harper looked over and him and roll her eyes.