Chapter 6

"This tracker rifle only has a 100-foot range." Mac walked over to Jonas who hooked the chain onto his wet suit.

"100 feet?" Jonas turned to Mac.

"Get really close before you shoot." Mac nodded his head handing him the gun.

"Great." Jonas muttered. 

"If you want me to go instead, I will." Mac told him.

"I got this, Mac." Jonas told him nodding his head.

"Okay, good, cause I was lying." Mac told him making him chuckle.

"Be safe." Mac padded his shoulder.

"Yeah, thanks, pal." Jonas said as Mac walked away.

 Jonas turned to Harper and Suyin and looked between them.

"I really hope your right about this." Jonas told them.

"Me, too." Suyin nodded her head.

"Be careful, dad." Harper told him and he smiled at her before turning and jumping into the water. 

While Jonas swam out, Heller let the rope that was connected to Jonas out of the roller.

"I am proceeding to the enormous killer shark." Jonas said into the ear bud.

"Yeah, we got you, Jonas." Mac held his comm.

"Sharks are attracted to panic motion." Harper said as Suyin nodded her head.

"So, keep it nice and smooth." Suyin told him. 

They watched Jonas continue to swim before stopping for a moment then continue to swim. 

"Oh, boy, its going under." Jack said and they looked out to see Jonas stop.

They watched for a moment before it came back up right beside Jonas. Jonas got his gun out getting ready to shoot. 

"He's done it." Jaxx said when the tracker popped up on her screen. 

Mac, tracker is live!" Jaxx yelled over at him.

"Great, reel him in, DJ!" Mac yelled and DJ hit the button.

"Stop! Stop!" Suyin and Harper both yelled 

"NO vibration!" Suyin told them as the shark turned and headed for Jonas.

 "Jonas, it's coming at you!" Jaxx told him.

"You think I didn't notice!" Jonas yelled.

"Start the boat! Start the boat!" Jonas started yelling as he turned and started swimming. 

"Pull him in." Suyin told DJ who hit the button as Mac started the boat up.

"Come on!" Everyone started to yell as Jonas was pulled closer.

Jonas was pulled up onto the boat just as the Meg jumped up to bite and missed him. He fell onto the ground as everyone crowded around him.

"You might be a son of bitch,  but you're sure as hell no coward. Good Job. " Heller told him as Harper walked over hugged him.

They lowered the cage and they all held their arms out guiding it down

"Remind me again, why this is a good idea." Jonas spoke up.

"What? It's a shark cage." Jaxx told him 

Plastic shark cage." Jonas looked at it unsure.

I'm gonna ignore that you just said that. this beautiful thing is polycarbonate, specifically designed not to crack, not to break, but to deform. And in this case, at this thickness, it would take 20,000 pounds per square inch. And if you're talking about breaking, that eight to nine hundred thousand. " Jaxx told him and he continued to look at her.

"I don't like it." Jonas said and walked away, Harper chuckled and followed him. 

Harper stood with her dad as they watched Dr. Zhang talk to Suyin who was sat on the edge of the boat clipping her oxygen tank to her. Dr. Zhang got up after a moment of talking to her and walked passed them. Jonas turned and grabbed the gun and walked over to Suyin. Harper walked over to the edge of the boat looking out at the water. The wind blew in her face as she fixed her jacket around her and pushed her hair out of her face. 

"You okay?" Mac came over and asked her standing beside her.

"yeah." She muttered as she continued to stare down at the water below.

"So... If you don't mind me asking, what happened?" Mac asked her and she looked at him leaning more into the side of the boat.

"I don't know, to be honest. When we first moved things weren't that bad. I mean I didn't like the fact that I was moving from my home, but then slowly we started to get in random arguments. Over small things too. I was also mad that all he ever did was drink. He would never do things with me, he was always to busy lounging around at the bar. "Oh we can do that later. Just not right now." Eventually I just stopped asking cause I kept getting the same response. I never made any friends. I never had anyone to talk too. I was in this place filled with people constantly around me, yet I was completely alone." Harper told Mac and he reached hugging her. 

Before Mac could say anything they were called over cause Suyin was getting ready to get into the cage. They walked over as Suyin jumped in and came back up. Heller used a rope to close the cage and Jonas leaned down and locked it. Suyin waved at them and Jonas tapped the top of the cage and it started to get lowered farther into the water till it was completely covered by water. After she was far down The Wall started throwing a bunch of chum into the water around her to attract the Meg.