Chapter 9

Harper stood next to Mac in the back of crowd as Jack stood up on the platform in front of everyone when her father and Suyin walked in. They stood beside her as Jack waved at everyone. 

"I've informed the Chinese government about the meg. As well as the authorities in Thailand, Vietnam, Indoniesia, and Australia. The Chinese are sending two destroyers to take it out. So, this is now officially and thankfully out of our hands. I'm closing Mana One until the meg is killed and an evacuation ship is coming here tomorrow morning." Jack told everyone as they all stayed quiet.

"You damn right." DJ nodded his head.

"And finally, I just want to say.... I'm sorry for you losses. Your friends. I came here to celebrate with you, and now I'm mourning with you." Jack told them giving them a sympathetic looks as he stepped off the platform.

Harper stared down at her shoes just like mostly everyone else. Thinking over the last few hours and everything that has happened. She had never expected to be here at 12 years old. Most 12 year olds were out hanging out with friends and having fun. But Harper was doing something she enjoyed which was being near the ocean, just with a little bit of sadness. Harper walked around the tunnels looking out at the water watching tons of little fish and other animals swim by. 

"Hey." She heard behind her and turned around seeing Jonas behind her.

"Hey." She said back as she continued walking. 

Jonas walked down the tunnel with her, but they both stayed silent. 

"Look, dad, we don't need to have that heart-to-heart moment, I'm use to i-" Harper went to say.

"I should have been better. I should have been a better father to you after everything happened. We should't have been living above a bar, I shouldn't have neglected you, and I sure as hell shouldn't have act the way I did towards you." Jonas cut her off as they stopped walking.

"It's fine." Harper shook her head.

"But it's not. And I'm sorry." Jonas told her and she stayed quiet for a moment.

"it's okay." She told him before hugging him. 

Harper was stood with Lori and DJ as Mac talked on the phone  behind them

"Yeah, I understand. I understand, yep. Thank you." Mac said before throwing all the files that were in his hands at the wall making them all jump and look at him as Jonas walked in.

"Let me guess, Morris never called anyone." Jonas asked walking down the steps.

"Didn't call anyone. No one knows the shark's out there. No one. Not the Australians, not the Chinese. No one." Mac told them as they shook their heads.

"What the hell was he thinking?" Lori asked

"He wanted to make this go away as quietly as possible. Mac, we need to let everyone.."

"Let everyone know. Yeah, I'm on it." 

"Jaxx, can you find that thing?" Jonas pointed at her.

"Wait, wait, wait.  Why're you asking her that? I don't like the fact that you asking her about that thing." DJ said.

"You want me to illegally hack into Morris' satellite tracking system to find a prehistoric shark?"

"Yeah." Jonas nodded his head

"Okay." She shrugged and turned to her computer.

"We use a tracker, find the meg, and we kill it." Jonas said.

"Bro." Mac said and Jonas walked over to him.

"You really want to do this?" Mac asked him.

"A lot of people are gonna die if we don't do this, Mac." Jonas told him.

"Well, I'm in." Lori raised her.

"Me, too." Suyin said.

"Me, three." Harper raised her hand as DJ just sighed.

"Let's do this." 

"How do you feel about commandeering that evac ship?" Jonas turned to Mac.

"I'd say, it's a great day to go fishing."

"Now let's get everything on it. Construction explosives, gliders. The whole lot. Everything." Jonas started ordering around.

"Because we're about to evac, right? Live evacuate?Like, leave the area of imminent danger and go to a safe plcae like normal people? " DJ yelled as everyone got up walking out.

"No, DJ, we're gonna go swimming with the shark. Get ready." Harper patted his arm before running after them.

Harper stood at the side of the boat tightening her jacket around her as she looked out at the water

"I know we're not here for admire anything, but it's so pretty." Harper said as she looked out at the glistening water. 

Jonas nodded his head and stood their for a moment before walking away. After a minute she went inside where everyone else was, planing the plan.

"Here's where we do it. Right here in the shallows. Use the gilders and go after it." Jonas said as he zoomed in a part of the map.

"Okay, so, how are we gonna get it here, when there's a beach full of people to eat right there?" Mac pointed at the map.

"We ask it out for dinner." Suyin played whale songs.

"One last thing before we get a move on. Harper, your taking the second glider." Jonas turned to her, and she stared at him for a moment before smiling. 

Harper went and changed and got ready as everyone else got everything tapped up and ready. When ready she climbed into the glider beside Suyin's. Jonas walked over and handed her an ear piece. 

"You ready?" He asked her as she put her seat belts on and nodded her head.

"I love you." Jonas told her.

"Your making it sound like a goodbye." Harper looked up at him.

"We don't know what's gonna be happening at the end of the day." Jonas told her and she stared at him before the lid started closing.

"I love you." She called and he nodded his head and smiled at her as it closed the rest of the way. 

Once they were ready and close enough they lowered the whale sounds into water and waited. 

Hi guys! It's been a minute on this story and I'm very busy. When I get a moment I try to get other stories done too, and this one kinda slipped to the back of my mind for a minute. Here's the newest chapter, I hoped you loved it. I will try to update better on this story. xoxo