115-116

Chapter 115: They were shocked

Xiao Hanzheng stuffed the letter back into the envelope.

"The last time I went to the prefecture city, I saved a pair of brothers who were in trouble. So, I asked them to go to the prefecture city to help me with some matters while keeping an eye on the general's mansion. If anything happened in the general's mansion, they would inform me. As long as there's a chance to pour salt on their wound, I'll ask them not to let go of the opportunity to do so."

Those two brothers were capable, but they encountered many setbacks and depended on each other.

In his previous life, he knew his older brother.

His younger brother had died of illness, and because of that, his older brother acted in such a crazy way.

When he went to the prefectural city, he happened to meet them and saved his younger brother.

The two of them took the initiative to seek refuge with him and assist him according to his wish.

Shi Qingluo laughed lightly. "So you've also started to make plans."

She felt that her young husband was not someone who would only rely on the imperial examinations for things to happen.

Xiao Hanzheng chuckled and said, "I learnt this from my wife."

Shi Qingluo leaned into his embrace and played with a strand of his hair with her fingertips. "What do you think the emperor will reward us for the cement recipe and fertiliser recipe?"

Xiao Hanzheng said, "I was just about to say this. Mo Qingling came to me today to probe what reward we want."

He continued, "What do you want? You decide."

He could naturally earn fame and fortune from his achievements and didn't need to actively ask for it.

Shi Qingluo thought for a moment. "Why don't we ask the emperor to reward us with the mountain where the Taoist temple is located? What do you think?"

The mountain was a primitive forest, and very few people dared to delve deep into it.

Naturally, there were many hidden treasures there.

There were even rumours among the few villagers that immortals stayed there.

In addition to the old priest's news, everyone felt that the mountain was even more mysterious.

It could be used as a shield when they caused trouble.

Moreover, there were large plots of wild beets and sumac trees on the mountain.

If someone eyed the mountain for the sumac trees and decided to make it private, the raw materials for their workshop would be gone.

There were also ginseng that her husband mentioned and other things in this mountain.

Recently, she often went to the mountain and discovered that she could plant many fruit trees and medicinal herbs even if she didn't venture deep into the mountain.

She and her husband had never explored the mountain further.

If it became theirs, they could go in at any time to take a look and find some good things.

As an agricultural expert, she was very interested in this undeveloped forest.

Xiao Hanzheng didn't expect his wife to be interested in that mountain.

"Alright, I'll talk to Mo Qingling tomorrow." He had already become good friends with him.

Shi Qingluo continued, "The chickens, ducks, pigs, and sheep on the mountain at the old residence are growing well. I'm going to buy another batch and put them there."